• Must have experience with the service and maintenance of all types of Residential and Light Commercial D/X equipment, package equipment, boilers and heat pumps.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair residential and light commercial gas furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, and steam heating systems.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair residential and light commercial zone controls systems including zone panels, relays, transformers, contactors and other electrical components.
• Must be able to completely read and understand wiring schematics and diagrams.
• Should have vocational or trade school with minimum 5 years’ experience in the field.
• Universal EPA Certification.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to maintain safe operation and neat appearance of work area and equipment through good work habits.
• Must be able to maintain a clean and neat appearance.
• Must be able to maintain a clean, well-kept and properly stocked company vehicle.
• Must be able to work well with other employees, work with minimal supervision, and be a team player.
• Must be able to communicate with customers and meet their needs.
• Must be able to properly fill out company paperwork such as work orders.
• Must be able to work on ladders and lift at least 75 lbs.
We ask the following from all techs:
• Most (but not all) of the jobs are scheduled between 8am to 5pm M-F but the day ends when all work for that day in done. Customer service is #1.
• You will be on call (not more than) 1 week per month, but should be available via cell phone to help other techs with any problems they may have while working.
• If there is a problem at a call you are on and it runs late, we expect you to stay later in order to resolve it (usually 2-3 hrs).
• If there is an emergency late in the day, you may be expected to perform the call.
• You must be available to help other techs solve problems and complete service calls to ensure that our customer’s problems are solved.
• Have the ability and desire to lead and teach other technicians efficient and quality driven methods of troubleshooting and servicing heating and air conditioning equipment.
• Have the ability and desire to build and grow the service department thru honest, profitable, customer service driven techniques. This position would lead to Service Manager.
• Have several NATE Certifications and the desire to help other techs obtain it also.
• Have some knowledge of chilled water controls and systems.
CommTech Services, Inc. - 18 months ago