Develops strategies to introduce, decentralize and institutionalize CAC services in public and private sector. Develops and disseminates interventions, training curricula and educational materials for innovative service delivery models, especially for midwives and midlevel providers. Supports improvements in service organization, infrastructure and processes to optimize the quality and effectiveness of safe abortion care. Collaborates with partner agencies and health systems on policies and programs to develop health workforce capacity. Identifies and disseminates health systems technical innovation, lessons learned, and best practices within and across Ipas country programs and to external audiences.
Develops and monitors quality standards and processes and provides orientation, training and technical support to the Regional Support Teams and country teams to ensure implementation of these standards/processes. Analyzes and identifies service delivery trends and needed adaptations to strategies and program implementation.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Develop, implement, monitor and administer technical projects (including financial management, development, and administration of contract and grant agreements; coordination of requests for educational materials, medical instruments and other supplies needed to conduct the project). Coordinate plans and activities with other technical, regional units and country. Identify potential donors and develop proposals for funding technical initiatives.
EXTERNAL RELATIONS: Nurture collaborative professional networks with relevant organizations and individuals. Represent the agency at professional meetings and disseminate results of technical work in publications and presentations. Demonstrate respect, effective communication and conflict resolution in working relationships with agency coworkers, external colleagues and customers.
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences or related field;
- 8 + years senior-level experience in health systems strengthening, reproductive health training, service delivery improvement, and/or quality assurance programming.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic planning and technical skills in health systems strengthening;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- International experience and expertise required;
- Ability to represent Ipas externally, including communications and negotiations with partners;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated cross-cultural/interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency;
- Ability to travel 20% to plan, implement or supervise technical activities.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of training curricula for reproductive health practitioners. Knowledgeable about adult learning methodologies and principles.
Ipas - 2 years ago