OneWest Bank was founded as a regional bank, dedicated to customer service and a commitment to the community. We’re Southern California’s hometown bank, with a strong capital foundation, conservative management and a consistent focus on providing personalized relationship-based banking to all our clients.
OneWest has 74 retail branches conveniently located throughout Southern California to serve consumers and businesses, small and large. With total assets of over $25 billion and $14 billion in deposits, OneWest has the size and strength to offer a wide array of banking products and services including personal and business banking solutions, jumbo mortgages, investment advisory products, small business and commercial banking loans. IndyMac Mortgage Services, a division of OneWest Bank, services mortgage loans on behalf of third parties and offers loan modifications pursuant to Home Affordable Modification Program (“HAMP”) guidelines.
We offer exciting and challenging employment opportunities for professionals in a fast-paced, results-focused environment. In addition to Southern California locations, OneWest has operation centers in Austin, TX and Kalamazoo, MI.
- Participates in the planning of IT/integrated audits to include identification and evaluation of objectives, inherent risks and controls
- Executes internal audit procedures and prepares comprehensive audit workpapers and internal audit reports reflecting the results of work performed, with agreed upon actions
- Determines reportable audit issues and recommends report opinions
- Performs follow up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues
- Prepares routine project status reports
- Maintains client relations at appropriate levels
- Assists in conducting special projects as needed
- Maintains a professional development plan to continually develop technical, interpersonal, and management skills
- Travel to offsite locations as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, or Accounting from four-year College or university - Required
- Understanding of Internal Audit standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Audit certifications such as CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) are highly desirable, CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) a plus
- Understanding of technical aspects of Information Technology, Accounting, and Financial Reporting
- MANDATORY: 2 -3 year of recent experience in the banking industry.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to establish effective work relationships within various business units
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to peers and management.
- Superior analytical skills. Ability to decipher technical documentation, evaluates potential risks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and communicates relevant information with diverse groups and individuals who may be non-technical.
- Demonstrated experience (1 – 3 years) performing IT general controls reviews, network infrastructure, information security, SDLC, database server, operating systems, and/or application audits.
- General knowledge of operating systems, databases, firewalls, routers, intrusion detection/prevention systems, web servers, web applications, client/server applications, and electronic messaging systems.
OneWest Bank - 2 years ago