CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand – “the Eye” – one of the most recognized in business. The Company’s operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS’s businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst for Enterprise Solution Delivery will be responsible for defining, analyzing, designing and delivering new or improved solutions for business processes within the Television Distribution business for the CBS Global Distribution group.
The Television Distribution applications support the Products, Rights, Sales, Accounting, Participations, Residuals, Operations and Marketing business processes.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst collaborates across work streams throughout a project’s full life-cycle, driving the definition, analysis and documentation of user requirements and business process. In addition, this individual will serve as the primary liaison between client and technical teams to ensure successful, on-time project delivery using the appropriate methodologies.
- Discuss complicated technical terms and concepts with varied audiences with different levels of technical knowledge.
- Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects and systems requirements from a functional and technical perspective.
- Solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Uncover client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis.
- Provide UI mock-ups, wire frames and lead design discussions for identification of development options.
- Evaluate business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Provide analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identify areas where technology or process change can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Develop test schedules, review testing plans, track and document the development and results of these plans.
- Participate in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Create and implement standardized tools to drive best practices with an emphasis on repeatability, continuous improvement and gained efficiencies.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices on new and emerging technologies.
- Minimum of five (5) years business analysis experience with previous supervision or project management experience.
- Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills. Strategic, innovative thinking and vision.
- Experience implementing 3rd party applications and managing vendor resources.
- Familiarity with various software development processes: SDLC, Waterfall, UML, RUP, Agile, Extreme, and their areas of application.
- Experience in relational database modeling and development.
- Experience managing software efforts utilizing SQL Server 2005+, .NET technologies, Front End Web Technologies
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Big 4 experience delivering multiple, full lifecycle implementations.
- Knowledge of the Cable, Broadcast Network, and Entertainment industries.
- Knowledge of the Television Distribution business and the applications deployed to support the Products, Rights, Sales, Accounting, Participations, Residuals, Operations, Marketing business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Technical certifications, a plus.
CBS Corporation is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences...