The Vision analyst team is responsible for developing levels of effort to size all business projects that are prioritized to align. The team documents levels of effort, creates detail approach documents to define the changes needed in Vision. The approach documents are reviewed with peers, development and interfacing applications to obtain business sign off. The analysts insure traceability of requirements thru the project life cycle until it is delivered into production. They monitor the project and address additional requirements as needed.
This position is responsible for managing multiple assignments with medium to large levels of complexity for the vision application. It requires medium scale of technical knowledge. This position will lead a team of 3-6 cross functional (development, database, performance, test) resources to develop VISION application solutions to medium to large business problems and clearly document the level of effort and the business documents. This position owns timely delivery of complete, business approved approach documents and partners with analysts on other IT applications on cohesive solutions.
This role requires leading small to medium billing projects to ensure that the business needs are satisfied in a timely manner. This role will work on 1-3 projects concurrently. Responsibilities include:
Project Management: Project management tasks include
- Working with cams, peer IT analysts and the business to analyze business requirement and insure all application requirements are fully defined and are all working toward a shared solution across IT
- Coordinating development and data modeling resources to define the optimal Vision solution and document the level of effort
- Partnering with peer applications to produce approach documents that define the detailed business requirement for Vision
- Negotiating with the business and other IT apps to get business signoff on deliverables
- Insuring that all requirements are traceable to the design document and system test plans and other application approach documents.
Recommend and implement continuous improvements to the analyst team best practices. This includes
- Planning, organizing and scheduling for small teams of 3 to 6 team members
- Analyzing business user requirements
- Experience with use of Visio and CAMIT and MS office tools.
- Strong background with iVDM and system development lifecyle to ensure all development life cycle activities are adhered to, owns all level of effort and approach/requirements activities for projects assigned
- Partnering with cam and peer application analysts to insure timely implementation into production and researches business post production issues.
- Championing review of one best practice each year to reduce bureaucracy and stream line
- Actively participating in peer reviews for major project with other team members
- Mentors new contractors to strengthen and grow the team, ensure compliance to best practices, and guide them thru the complex relationships with other teams and systems
- Create and keep current living documentation on 1-2 sets of business rules. E.g. OneBill rules; Bill to acct rules; Customer privacy notification rules
BS degree in Business or Information Systems or related field
4+ years business analyst experience in delivering IT solutions
Ability to multi task and work multiple medium/complex projects simultaneously.
4+ years experience with wireless industry and billing systems.
2+ years experience with Vision
Knowledge of TSO and the ability to do table queries.
Experience in use of APIs and understanding of XML.
Strong knowledge of methodology, tools, standards and procedures.
Working knowledge of project management concepts
Subject matter expertise and strong business knowledge.
Strong decision-making and leadership abilities
Strong organizational and problem solving abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Visio, Microsoft Office ( word, excel, power point)
Knowledge of use case or user story methodology
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Self starter who enjoys peeling back the layers to identify the details
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...