Cambridge International Systems, Inc.
Cambridge designs, implements, and operates communication solutions across the United States and around the world. Cambridge creates solutions and provides services in: Network Design/Operation; RF Engineering; Satellite Communications; Surveillance and IFF Systems; Data Fusion and Intel Support; and Telephony and Transmission. Cambridge is committed to providing the expertise and customer service required to get top results. This philosophy is put into practice daily, from fusion center operations in Afghanistan to transmission and telephony services in the Caribbean. Cambridge is a woman-owned, veteran-owned, and SDB company.
Cambridge is a company that promotes a work environment that encourages professional and personal growth and a culture where each employee is respected and valued. Cambridge also values the diverse background of their employees including minorities, veterans, women, and disabled. We take pride in being a veteran friendly employer, celebrating and embracing individual differences, and providing equal opportunity to all. Cambridge International Systems, Inc. is committed to the provision of equal opportunity employment for all qualified persons in all job classifications in recruitment, selection and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability. More information can be found at www.cbridgeinc.com (EEO/AA)
Sr. IT Engineer (Expert)
Location: Fort Meade, MD US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret or higher
Objective of this effort is to assist the NS Capabilities Center by providing DISN E2E Converged IP Network Services across the Global Information Grid (GIG) for effective command and control and information dominance. Implement Unified Capabilities (UC) on the unclassified and classified wide area networks (WAN) that is secure, reliable, and interoperable. This effort will also provide engineering analysis, assessment and planning as well as accomplish network analysis/assessment/performance reporting.
- Assist the DISA in testing of existing and emerging technologies and services to determine viability for integration into the DISN as an expanded/new service or feature
- Draft Engineering Reports, Briefs, White papers, and Technical Interchange reports. These will include but are not limited to the following: New Technologies Review, Engineering Policy Review/Decision Brief, Specific UC briefs in support of various CCBs/Working Group meetings
- Provide support to investigate, analyze, and develop customer and engineering requirements for Technology Architectures (Next Generation IP Networks) with emphasis in IP internet working with the current/future DISN Service Delivery Node Networks
- Support the DISA in monitoring the major carriers involved with VoIP implementation to track industry development and deployment plans, thus utilize industry Best-of-Breed capabilities that can be used in support of TDM migration to IP
- Develop Technical Requirements and Specifications for VoIP network elements to support existing and future platform/product/service functionality in conjunction and coordination with the COR
- Review, analyze and author portions of multiple documents that will directly impact the UC architectures and specifications such as the Voice Internet Service Provider (ISP) CONOP, and the UC CONOP
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science or an equivalent degree is required
- 5-7 years of qualified, hands-on industry or military experience
- Knowledge and expertise in network design, integration, and test. This means experience in developing system network design in a large scale implementation of Voice and Video over IP and Unified Capabilities/Communications
- Understanding of DoD Information Assurance requirements and their application within an IP architecture
- Ability to conduct and lead design reviews and provide written recommendations and design documents
- One of the following certifications are required; Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA); Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA) or higher, Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Voice and Wireless certifications
- Must possess an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain higher. TS or TS/SCI is desirable
- Extensive experience using Internet Protocol (IP), Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Unified Capabilities (UC) or Assured Services (AS) SIP, Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) and Quality of Service (QoS) is desired
- Experience with Military grade security / encryption devices and technologies (HAIPE, DSCD) Modeling and simulation of hybrid networks is desired
- PMP or ITIL Certification are desired
Monster - 30+ days ago