Provide the design, implementation and management support of Computing Infrastructures and Applications within the Purdue IT environment. Principle accountabilities include providing Technology Solutions to advance the Business. This group also sets technical priorities, standards and procedures and provides expertise in the area of computer technology, business processes, application development, project quality, systems validation and training. The SAP Basis Admin primarily provides technical, operational, and security controls and analysis to the SAP systems, and systems interfaces to dependent internal and external systems. The position is responsible for performance and reliability of the SAP systems. The incumbent is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of existing and new SAP systems, the backup/restore activities and procedures, transporting change control objects through the landscape, build and maintenance of the spool system, system upgrades and patch applications/installs, SAP application performance optimization, and MS SQL and Oracle database maintenance.
- Maintain, analyze, architect, implement, and support all SAP landscapes (BW, ECC, SCM, BCP, SRM, PI, HCM, NWDI, Solution Manager, Enterprise Portal, LVM, SUP, SSO, & GRC systems including all sandbox, training, development, quality, and production servers.)
- Analyze system patch levels, design implementation strategy, and implement patches on all SAP landscape. (SAP Kernel, database, OS, SAP application)
- Design and architect interfaces of the SAP systems within the corporate infrastructure.
- Challenge and promote SAP change control strategy.
- Strategize and implement SAP spool system.
- Maintain and support database data integrity and its existence.
- Create and maintain database users and their authorization of data access.
- Administer the SAP database with Database Administrator (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
- Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades
- Support, Monitor and maintain all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
- Support and maintain file systems on all SAP systems.
- Promote changes to QA and Production to all SAP landscapes according to promote to production strategy.
- Troubleshoot and support production and non-production issues on all SAP systems.
- Design, architect, maintain, & test backup/recovery strategy on all SAP systems.
- Building and maintaining training clients and systems
- Performing client copies, systems copies and clones where applicable
- Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
- Provide status reports for projects to management
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces
- Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
8+ years of relevant experience in analyzing, architecting, implementing, and supporting all SAP landscapes (e.g., BW, ECC, SCM, BCP, SRM, PI, HCM, NWDI, Solution Manager, Enterprise Portal, LVM, SUP, SSO, & GRC systems including all sandbox, training, development, quality, and production servers.) Experience analyzing system patch levels, designing implementation strategy, and implementing patches on all SAP landscape. (SAP Kernel, database, OS, SAP application)
Incumbent must demonstrate a mastery of multiple disciplines & their inter-dependencies. Knowledge is extended to the development of solutions for a business area. Contributes to cross-departmental strategy and solutions.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com . No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 11 months ago