The Sr. IT Solutions Architect is a key member of the US Life Co. Technology Team responsible for the continuous evolution of technology solutions aligned with business strategy. The individual will partner with senior business stakeholders to understand the strategy, and then define, promote and realize the supporting technology roadmap. The position requires strong system infrastructure and domain/application knowledge as well as delivery skills. The Solution Architect is expected to maintain a strong understanding of competitive products and industry/market trends. Prior experience in enterprise software applications is a must.
• Drives continuous evolution of technology solutions aligned with business vision and direction
• Partners with the business stakeholders to understand the US Life product roadmap, and define, promote and realize supporting technology roadmap
• Demonstrate Technology leadership through continuous learning of new technologies
• Evaluate, recommend, realize and operationalize new technology adoption
• Drive standardization and consistency of tools and processes across the organization
• Mentors less experienced members of the technology team on skills and tasks.
• 8+ Years Experience in a variety of Technology Roles
• 5+ Years Experience as Solutions Architect
• 4-Year Computer Science Degree or Equivalent
• Knowledge in business and technical solution applications that include: layered architectures, databases, reporting tools, middleware, monitoring and high availability systems
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, also verbal and written communications
• Ability to plan and implement enterprise-wide business solution strategy.
• Balances the wants and needs of a diverse workforce; appreciates and values differences.
• Recognize which technologies are best suited for solving different types of business problems
• Pursues personal excellence through self-awareness and continuous learning
• Deep understanding of Java / J2EE software applications as it relates to enterprise applications
• Experience with enterprise software integrations including but not limited to Web Services, JMS, XML, SOAP, JDBC, Single Sign-on (SAML) etc.
• Seeks new approaches to tasks and projects that enhance effectiveness or efficiency.
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience working with third-party software packages in order to implement business solutions
• Prioritizes and drives the achievement of results to ensure the successful execution of commitments and business objectives
• Quickly and effectively adapts to changing information and conditions. Anticipates and prepares for changing conditions.
• Listens and shares information in order to encourage and influence others; earns trust and builds collaborative partnerships. Effectively deals with conflicting viewpoints and goals, and arrives at an outcome that meets business and customer needs.
• Outstanding communication, influencing and presentation skills. Demonstrated success in influencing internal colleagues and external business partners to gain their support and build consensus for IT solution proposed. Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of Insurance Administrative Systems including but not limited to CyberLife®
• Experience with WorkFlow and Imaging applications (Filenet, P8, etc.)
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....