Working as part of AtHoc's Professional Services team, the Sr. Implementation Engineer will be responsible for deploying enterprise solutions based on AtHoc's technology on-premise at customer sites. This position will report directly to Director of Professional Services. As is typical with start-ups, this role goes beyond a traditional function – the person must have the ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and have a passion/appreciation for the vision and mission of the company.
The ideal candidate will possess noteworthy deployment experience from being part of a team that has deployed large-scale web applications across the enterprise and worked with all levels of customer stakeholders. Additionally, the candidate would be capable of executing on any aspect of a customer engagement: from authoring an implementation plan to installing software onsite or conducting user acceptance testing.
The position will require 75% travel and can be home-based, close to a metropolitan airport.
- Onsite deployment of AtHoc’s enterprise software products
- Providing guidance on requirements gathering from customer
- Assisting in the architecture of the solution
- Owning the engineering deployment details and changes for assigned implementation projects
- Providing point of contact for customer technical resources
- Creating and maintaining accurate customer deployment reports
- Assist customers to increase self sufficiency
- Contribute to and maintain solutions knowledge base
- Experience with all aspects of Windows systems administration; including event, performance and capacity monitoring, planning and reporting.
- Active Directory admin experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 as backend to enterprise web applications
- Light SQL admin experience (e.g. Running Stored Procedures, managing maintenance plans, DB restores/backups)
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands DNS, SMTP, Network Load Balancing, clustering and Windows firewalls
- Web application server deployment experience using IIS
- Experience with VMware(ESX, ESXi, Vranger)
- Experience with Active Directory (including LDAP queries)
- Experience IIS Manager and IIS 6.0 & 7.0 Architecture
- Ability to create presentations and brief at all levels of the organizational hierarchy
- Experience with enterprise software distribution technologies (SCCM, Ratia, Altirus)
- Web development experience a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of PKI (i.e. smart card) authentication for web applications
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Be accountable with strong sense of ownership and excellent execution skills
- Able to travel 75% of the time in any given month
- Requires college degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
AtHoc, Inc. - 8 months ago
The AtHoc partner program focuses on marketing and reselling notifications solutions for emergency notifications, force...