APC Postal Logistics is seeking a Sr. Implementation Specialist to support our growing customer base. This new position will work across all parcel/postal software products to offer in-depth technical support for both new and existing customers. The position requires a strong technical competence and excitement for learning new technologies and solving complex problems. Candidates should feel comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
You will primarily be responsible for providing pre-sales support to our partners and customers of our parcel/postal applications and technologies. You will also have secondary responsibility for some post-sales support including installation and configuration of our partner software. As a member of the APC Postal Logistics team you will provide technical leadership within APC. You will be responsible for supporting our Account Executives to win business using your technical skills and experience. In addition, you will be collaborating with the operations and marketing teams to drive product improvements based on your feedback. You must be able to come up to speed rapidly on our technology and services. We are seeking to process our services through a channel model and quality support of our partners is critical to our success.
We are looking for a high-energy, forward-thinking person who has verifiable skills in technology and a proven ability to communicate sophisticated technical concepts to a wide range of audiences from developers through executive-level management.
This person will divide their time between integrated partners via web services, working directly with customers building solutions, and working with senior leadership to win additional business. The ideal candidate will be customer and partnership focused. They will have a systems integration/engineering background and enjoy consulting with sales and operations teams to develop solutions.
• The successful applicant is expected to provide excellent customer service, training, and support. The Implementation Specialist will work with customers to implement our software as a service within their operation.
• Implementation includes customer configuration, customizations and training, and vendor management of systems integration.
• Work with the Account Executives to define the deployment scenario for each customer and provide education and training during the deployment process.
• Position will involve some travel with Account Executives to our customers’ locations.
Key Business Skills:
• Professional customer interaction
• Excellent analytical skills; ability to analyze a variety of business and engineering problems
• Must be able to drive requirements sessions
• Must be able to delegate and monitor tasks efficiently
• Must be able to engage customers by resolving issues and answering questions
• Knowledge of logistics/transportation industry is preferred
• Knowledge of e-commerce and Internet Marketing techniques
Technical Skills / Minimum Qualifications:
• Knowledge of file and data transfer protocols
• Knowledge of file structures
• Knowledge of web services technologies such as languages like Java, .NET, etc. and types like XML, SOAP or RESTful.
• Knowledge of etailer IT platforms (Magento, Demandware, etc.)
• Knowledge of shipping software (Endicia, Stamps.com, Shipworks, etc.)
• Understanding and experience with systems integration for custom ecommerce solutions
• Must be capable of writing, reviewing, and deploying code.
• Proficiency with web servers such as IIS, Apache, etc.
• Proficiency with web technologies such as HTML, Zend Framework, PHP and other Web Infrastructure systems.
• Proficiency with Database servers such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
• Strong technical documentation skills.
• 5+ years’ experience required
Additional Desired Skills:
• Shipping Distribution/Logistics a plus
• Microsoft server technologies (Server 2008 & 2012 & Exchange Server platforms)
• Network and Application performance monitoring
• Key networking technologies and Internet Protocols (TCP/IP)
• Security systems and protocols (SSL and data encryption systems)
Crunchboard - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard