Location: DC Metro Area
Title: Senior Information Security Engineer
The IntelliDyne Way
IntelliDyne is a consulting firm that enables better business performance through innovative technology solutions. We manage public sector programs that deliver higher operational efficiency and measurable value to clients. We advise, develop, and execute effective solutions in Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Application Development and Mobile Computing, Business Process Management, Data Center Consolidation, Enterprise Collaboration and Enterprise Infrastructure Management.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, network security, product evaluation, and security implementation in an environment with 1000+ users, 100+ servers, and 11 sites.
- Responsible for designing and implementing solutions for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information.
- Provides technical evaluations of customer systems and assists with making security improvements.
- Participates in design and implementation of information system contingency plans that maintain appropriate levels of protection and that meet time requirements for minimizing operations impact to customer organization.
- Conducts security product evaluations, and recommends products, technologies and upgrades to improve the customer’s security posture.
- Conducts testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures.
Required Qualifications & Education:
- At least 5 years of experience as a systems security engineer
- BS in Information Technology or related subject area OR
- CISSP certification required
- Additional technical or security related certifications are desirable
- 5+ years of certification & accreditation experience with NIST, including, FDCC, USGCB, DISA, and CIS
- 5+ years security testing & evaluation auditing, risk assessment, policy and procedure development
- 5+ years Active Directory design/engineering experience in a multi-site enterprise environment
- 5+ years supporting Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with firewalls, VPN, routers, switches, databases desktops and servers.
- Experience with Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention and tools such as Foundstone and NESSUS.
- Experience with Defense in Depth principles and technology including access/control, authorization, identification and authentication, PKI, network and enterprise security architecture.
- Have knowledge with planning, demonstrating, discussing, tracking and resolving security and compliance Issues.
- Knowledge of current landscape and future trends in information security, compliance, and risk management.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with various Internet protocols (e.g., DNS, TCPIP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL)
- Extensive Knowledge of Active Directory and other MS technologies including group policy, DNS, DHCP, SCOM, SCCM, and PKI.
Ability to demonstrate the following:
- May be required to act as a technical supervisor.
- Competent to work on multiple phases of complex projects independently.
- Ability to develops practical and workable solutions to clients’ technical and business problems
- Ability to coordinate activities with superiors and client personnel to resolve technical and/or business issues and ensures the successful delivery of the project requirements.
- Full proficiency (no assistance required) with configuration deviation and vulnerability assessment and management tools (Nessus, AppDetective, Foundstone, BigFix, SCCM)
- Competent knowledge of Protecting Data at Rest DAR, familiarity with (Guardian Edge, Symantec Endpoint Encryption)
All candidates must be U.S. citizens and be eligible for public trust clearances
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communications skills and ability to deal effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and trust of upper management
- Has a commitment to our work and cares about others
- Communicates honestly and transparently; is respectful and appreciative of the contributions of others and identifies opportunities for personal growth.
- Demonstrates intellectual quickness, curiosity and discipline; thinks critically, challenges assumptions and makes learning a component of every activity.
- Is excited about the prospect of change and able to easily adapt and recover from setbacks.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
IntelliDyne, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.
IntelliDyne - 19 months ago
IntelliDyne, L.L.C. is a privately held information technology (IT) services firm that offers IT solutions, consulting services, and...