Ryan Specialty Group, LLC (RSG) is a global insurance
organization comprised of wholesale brokerage, Managing
General Underwriters, and syndicates at Lloy’d of
London.Founded in 2010 by industry leader Patrick Ryan,
our strategy is to provide a variety of insurance
services and products for specialized and hard to place
risks. Ryan Specialty Group seeks a Senior
Infrastructure Architect to join our growing, fast-paced
office located in Birmingham, Alabama. *Would also
consider this position housed in other areas of the U.S.
near one of our office locations. The ideal candidate
will possess 6+ years of direct enterprise network,
email systems, and telecom systems expertise supporting
the infrastructure for a large, multi-location company.
Multi-national experience highly desirable.
2013 server farm and migrate 700+ mailboxes from the
- Lead the implementation of a new in-house Exchange
current hosted email solution to the new farm.
to achieve 99% uptime of the email system.
- Ensure proper monitoring and redundancy is in place
enterprise infrastructure systems including servers,
- Plan, design, install, and maintaining RSG’s
LAN/WAN, eMail, Voice and Video over IP and wireless
for the US Subsidiaries of the Ryan Specialty Group
infrastructure for all RSG locations, manage telecom
- Design and maintain local and wide-area network
vendor relationships and actively
monitor/trouble-shoot network and telecom issues to
provide maximum availability of data and telecom
that supports all of the needs of the business and
- Provide a stable and responsive server environment
our application development and support teams.
redundancy for all key infrastructure systems.
- Work with Director of Infrastructure to create
the infrastructure required to create application
- Work with the application support teams to provide
redundancy for our key business applications.
appropriate monitoring environment for all key
- Work with Director of Infrastructure to establish an
systems to allow IT team to detect and resolve
issues as fast as reasonably possible.
- Maintain technical documentation for supported
junior team members.
- Provide technical training and knowledge transfer to
Education / Experience /Skills
with enterprise networks, email systems and telecom
- Six or more years of significant hands-on experience
Science or a comparable technical degree.
- BS in Management Information Systems, Computer
large, multi-location company.
- Experience supporting the infrastructure for a
operating systems and Cisco networking equipment or
- Multi-national experiences a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft server
equivalent experience is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to ‘do what it takes’ to deliver as
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation.
Division/Department : Ryan Specialty Group
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Ryan Specialty Group - 13 months ago