UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
This position is responsible for supporting the sales and marketing efforts of Carrier ('9s parts business to our large international customer base in markets across Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. This position will function as the liaison between international customers and internal departments to resolve customer order issues as well as promote Carrier ('9s Replacement Components programs.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Drive sales growth of Factory Authorized Parts (FAP) and Totaline aftermarket parts with existing/new accounts
- Build relationships with a diverse customer base in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia
- Communicate with international customers via telephone and e-mail to build strong business relationships and drive sales growth in the parts business for Internal customer base
- Obtain and communicate competitive market information to support price quotations
- Coordinate with Replacement Components customer service and operations to expedite international orders when required
- Obtain approval of price modification requests from Pricing and Category Management departments and return authorized price quotations to international customers in a timely manner
- Inform international customers of Replacement Components programs and foster the use of such programs to drive sales growth
- Communicate international business performance to management and identify areas of opportunity
- Train customer base on Factory Authorized Parts (FAP) and Totaline aftermarket initiatives
- Provide and monitor monthly sales forecast as part of the Sales and Operations Planning (SOP) process
- Work with internal departments to resolve customer opportunities
- Communicate price quotes and marketing programs to international customers
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project
- Contributes to their team or department by applying their knowledge of one or more functional areas
- Fully developed professional, able to work without direct guidance or direction from others
- Has in depth knowledge of the discipline and role
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering with 4-7+ years of related experience
- MA/MS degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering with 2-5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of HVAC parts - including but not limited to Factory Authorized Parts (FAP), semi hermetic compressors and Totaline aftermarket products
- International market knowledge including exchange rates, logistics requirements and information which can be legally requested to insure adherence to international laws
- Exceptional communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with global markets
- Strong analytical skills and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently with a diverse customer base and demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- At least 2 years in a sales or marketing role preferred
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Ability to travel internationally when required (10-20%)
The incumbent in this role will be responsible for complying with UTC's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
Carrier Corporation - 15 months ago
Carrier shouldered the load of keeping things hot and cold. The company was the world's largest maker of heating,...