About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Integrated Circuit Component Engineer opening to join our Engineering organization.
Day to Day:
The Sr. Integrated Circuit Component Engineer role has primary responsibility for:
Global component owner for integrated circuit components used in global electronic appliance controls. Lead global strategies for Integrated Circuit (IC) electrical components, include design delivery, and innovation. Component categories include Microcontrollers, Digital, Analog and Frequency Devices.
Research, evaluate, and approve new components and suppliers to drive quality, design cost and performance improvement. Drive global advancement of Whirlpool knowledge for responsible component categories. Assist design engineering by developing and documenting critical attributes and design standards for IC components. Improved selection will improve the design cycle and iteration reduction.
Drive electrical BOM Risk reduction efforts globally for all categories. Maintain Approved Manufacturer's List (AML) for integrated circuit components used in global electronic controls. Create new PNs and define/populate technical parameters into part database. Manage component lifecycle to mitigate risk (PCNs, EOLs, etc). Bring deep technical skills needed to deliver/maintain a dual sourcing strategy for Tier II Electronics components.
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
- Be the IC expert that will develop global IC component strategies in support of electrical component architecture, design delivery, and innovation.
- Research, evaluate and approve new IC components and suppliers for use in all global electronic controls.
- Analyze Component data sheets and verify characteristics.
- Conduct Bill-of-Material (BOM) risk analysis to prioritize high risk components and develop/implement risk mitigation plans.
- Lead component failure analysis and/or coordination with suppliers.
- Develop/document/maintain IC component utilization and qualification standards.
- Manage Approved Manufacturers List (AML) for IC components.
- Support and drive global standardization of IC component engineering processes.
- BSEE, BSEET
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 years experience in component engineering, HW design, quality, or related field
- Ability to work effectively in a complex, global organization and maintain a standard of world class process excellence.
- Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact as a team player
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking ability
- Ability to lead small teams and develop and drive solutions globally
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.