Inspired by our Silicon Valley neighbors, UM San Francisco has embraced the spirit of entrepreneurial innovation and driven forward several programs and practices adopted by UM nationally and globally. UM San Francisco was one of the first offices in the network to take a cross-channel planning approach. We encourage a collaborative atmosphere; clients, vendors and start-up business all reside together in our office. Several of our company leaders call San Francisco home including our heads of strategy, research and our COO/Chief Transformation Officer. And the Decision Sciences discipline that now spans all US offices and several global markets was born in San Francisco.
UM Decision Sciences provides our clients and colleagues with deep media intelligence to make timely and effective investment decisions.
Our responsibilities include:
In San Francisco, the Decision Sciences team is a group of roughly 15 people organized into client service teams for our various clients. Each client team is comprised of an Intelligence Partner or Sr. Manager, Managers and Sr. Associates
- Measurement planning, benchmarking, projections
- Report production and performance insights in support of in-market tactic and program-level optimization
- Data management
- Product development support for measurement and analytics platforms and econometric modeling
- Business and functional requirements for dashboards and data workflow, and underlying dataset ownership
The Role/Essential Responsibilities
The Sr. Intelligence Associate is at the core of each Decision Science client service team. This person is responsible for managing all media data and maintaining the highest degree of data integrity.
- Collect online and offline media delivery and performance data from ad servers or other third party sources
- Maintain a data store in Excel, Access or a relational database (SQL)
- Assist Intelligence Manager with data QA and cleansing
- Coordinate with Portfolio Management/Investment teams and media vendors to gather media delivery and performance data
- Assist in the development of client reporting including the creation of charts or other visualizations in Excel or other BI system to illustrate campaign performance data
- Assist Intelligence Manager in developing insights for campaign performance reports
- Provide support for ad-hoc data requests as needed
Perform other duties as required and assigned
Essential Requirements & Experience
- 1-2 years of analytical experience, background in the media industry a bonus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Experience with relational database principles and analytical practices (SQL, PowerPivot, BI platforms) preferred
- Oral and written communication abilities
- Very detail oriented
- Must be able to thrive in a fast passed client services environment
- Data visualization skills
Training and Development
At UM we want our people to be the best at what they do to deliver cutting edge work and the best possible results for our clients. For us, your development is not an optional extra and you will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us.
Our managers develop individually-tailored career paths for our employees. Curiosity University provides internal and external training programs where you will have access to courses ranging from People & Personal Development Skills and Media and Marketing to Business Drivers and Research. In addition to this, there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses and on the job training and development provided by your team and managers.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where they can develop their full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the UM and Mediabrands family both in the US and globally.
Still Curious? Find out more about us online at www.umww.com.
UM, a division of Interpublic Group, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Universal McCann - 17 months ago
Subsidiaries of this company come between brands and the general public. The Interpublic Group of Companies is one of the world's...