We are seeking a hands-on, execution oriented and proven individual to help drive our Internal Audit and SOX 404 compliance program. An excellent opportunity to join an exciting technology Company and to be part of a professional Internal Audit function, partnering with management and the Audit Committee to ensure the existence of, and compliance with, a robust controls environment and efficient operating practices. This role will help lead various types of strategic and operational audits as well as Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities. You must demonstrate independence, good business judgment, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and possess excellent critical thinking, communication and project management skills. This position will report to the Head of Internal Audit. We are a fast-paced technology company connecting millions of friends through games every day. At Zynga, you will find smart, creative people who are passionate about taking on new challenges. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.zynga.com.
Location: San Francisco, CA
• Lead various types of audit, consulting and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance projects.
• Assist in preparing comprehensive annual plan, including a risk assessment and scoping analysis, which is used as the basis for determining the nature and scope of internal control testing.
• Assist in leading and coordinating activities related to the SOX certification including: planning, testing, documentation updates, gap analysis, and remediation of identified control deficiencies.
• Identify risks in the organization and provide recommendations for improvement of controls and operational efficiencies, including reducing the possibility of fraud, inaccurate financial reporting and inefficient operations.
• Prepare and review work papers, write reports or other deliverables in a timely manner to adequately and clearly document testing, support conclusions, communicate findings and recommendations.
• Work closely with external auditors, IA team members and process owners to enable completion of testing per schedule.
• Monitor the follow-up, tracking and completion status of all identified findings and recommendations.
• Proactively provide status of all activities to internal audit management.
• Manage multiple priorities/projects for on-time delivery
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• Eight to ten years of public accounting and/or internal audit experience; recent “Big 4” audit firm experience highly desirable
• CPA or CIA required
• Thorough knowledge of US GAAP, GAAS, and extensive experience with Sarbanes-Oxley
• Understanding of IT general and application controls
• Experience with enterprise-wide risk assessment and/or enterprise risk management programs
• Demonstrated audit / SOX controls testing experience (Oracle experience would be advantageous)
• Ability to analyze processes and provide recommendations for improvement of basic accounting practices and controls.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, management and influencing skills with some experience dealing with people of various levels of seniority.
• Knowledge of key anti-corruption legislation and compliance activities (e.g. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel / PowerPoint / Word / SharePoint)
• Strong team player with a global mindset
• Ability to balance quality of work with speed of execution
• Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing work environments / priorities and tight deadlines
• Analytical, good problem solver and “out-of-the box” thinker
• Will be required to maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive information with discretion as well as act as a role model for ethical behavior.
• Ability to travel up to 20%