Sr. Internal Auditor
About Praxair ...
Praxair, Inc., a global, Fortune 300 firm, is the largest industrial gases company in North & South America, and one of the largest worldwide, with operations in more than 50 countries and over $10 billion in sales. The company produces, sells, and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings to a diverse group of industries.
Praxair is a performance leader in its industry and has been recognized for outstanding growth and profitability.
Currently, we have the following opportunity available in our Internal Audit department at our Danbury, CT headquarters. Praxair's Internal Audit group is a team of highly regarded, cross-functional professionals. They have been the recipient of the Recognition of Commitment Award from The Institute of Internal Auditors. This job opportunity offers dynamic opportunities to travel the world and experience international business practices. Praxair encourages professional growth and offers extensive internal audit training. Successful candidates are eligible for future opportunities to transition into Praxair businesses and functions after 2-3 years with the Internal Audit department.
In this unique opportunity, the successful candidate will develop a strong business acumen and global perspective by obtaining exposure to the wide breadth and depth of internal strategic controls and financial/operational issues faced by our global businesses and corporate units.
Your responsibilities would include:
Praxair offers an extremely competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental, Pension Plan, 401K, and tuition reimbursement.
- Performing operational, financial and compliance audits of Praxair's business operations.
- Ensuring risks are identified by performing control evaluation and testing.
- Preparing reports on audit results and providing recommendations to management for review and implementation.
- Evaluating and communicating financial and internal control best practices in use throughout Praxair and making recommendations for strengthening internal controls, improving operations, and reducing costs.
- You may also be involved in performing special engagements for management, which might include due diligence, employee integrity certifications, policy reviews and working on investigations.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Bachelor's Degree is required. MBA, MS in Finance/Accounting is preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of either internal audit experience or public accounting experience is required. Other financial, accounting, process review, or analytical experience is strongly valued.
Must have the ability and desire to travel - both international and domestic (30% to 50%). Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
The following skills are not required, but highly valued:
- Professional accreditations (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA)
- Experience with the Big 4 accounting firms
Praxair - 20 months ago
Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial gas...