Responsibilities of the Sr. Internal Auditor include researching, planning and conducting multiple audit assignments to assess the existence and effectiveness of the company's internal financial, operational and/or information technology controls.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Conducts financial, compliance and operational audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and controls.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes, enhancing revenue, reducing costs or improving internal controls. Ensures integrity and reliability of the controls.
- Performs and documents SOX walkthroughs and testing in accordance with the Company’s frameworks.
- Works in a team environment to achieve department objectives. Maintains sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to contribute to the departments’ continual growth in skill-set.
- Drafts audit reports and communicates audit findings to business process owners and management.
- Communicates with business process owners and documents risk, controls and processes of audit areas. Communicates with internal audit management regarding testing status, audit issues and deadlines.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with the various business areas/departments. Understands changes to business processes and procedures and discusses impact to the control environment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business discipline.
- Requires 3-5 years or relevant experience in internal audit, external audit, risk consulting, accounting and/or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance. Large accounting or consulting firm experience is preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Understanding and hands-on experience reviewing accounting/financial records in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Sections 404 and 302 requirements, internal controls, and the COSO framework. Sarbanes-Oxley and/or business process documentation and testing experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and prioritize, in order to successfully meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated experience with audit software such as ACL, Access and/or SQL is a plus.
- Position will require 10-20% travel (domestic and international).