Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims and Automotive Collision Repair industries. Founded in 1946, Mitchell has delivered advanced information and technology solutions to over 100,000 customers throughout North America, helping them to improve their business process performance. The company's comprehensive solution portfolio streamlines the entire auto physical damage, bodily injury and workers' compensation claims processes.
Mitchell was recently named by the San Diego Business Journal as the No. 1 Software Company in San Diego, based on the number of full-time employees, which is approaching the 2,000 milestone. The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including outstanding career growth opportunities and has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in San Diego.
We are looking for an experienced J2EE Software Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on developer who can lead by example. Candidates must possess skills and have experience with developing J2EE-based server applications, using service-oriented approaches, transaction processing, relational databases and full lifecycle development. You will be part of a team in an agile/scrum environment. You will also be working closely with your team members, developers, architects and other key stakeholders.
· Design, document, and develop J2EE services
· Full life cycle development including analysis, design, development, testing and documentation including version control practices and technologies
· Synthesize the requirements from across product and functional teams
· Provide senior-level development and design contributions including guidance in formulating requirements, evaluation of technical architecture, and make recommendations regarding the best approach in meeting the functional and non-functional requirements
· Actively supports and applies the company’s software engineering processes and standards within the group
· Utilize written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate ideas and designs to the team.
· 8+ years hands-on experience with J2EE integration platform and related technologies (EJB, Servlet, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, XSD/XML, XMLBean, Ant, Junit)
· Solid background building RESTful and SOAP based web services, integration with cloud services
· Experience with Oracle/MS SQL/PostgreSQL Relational DB Servers - schema design, optimization, query analysis, data analytics
· Must be fluent in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Unix shell, PERL, Java script)
· Experience using version control software is must (TFS preferred)
· Hands on experience with commonly used J2EE designs, patterns and UML
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong advocate of a process-driven approach to software development
· BS in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent experience
Nice To Have:
· Experience building out an Enterprise Service Bus
· Experience with Eclipse IDE, TFS
· Exposure to .Net
· Experience with messaging systems like JMS
· Experience with No-SQL (e.g. MangoDB, Hadoop, Neo4j)
If you feel that you meet these qualifications and are interested in learning more then please apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our work force and the knowledge of our people
Mitchell International, Inc. - 13 months ago