Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
• Developing and maintaining JAVA web services (including client)
• Developing and maintaining web applications written in Java/JSF/Struts using MVC architecture, operating on Windows / Unix platforms
• Developing, enhancing and maintaining Java based software using tools such as Eclipse, NetBeans, and Java IDEs
• Following standard design and implementation processes and procedures
• Working with people of varying degrees of technical expertise and to express complex, technical concepts effectively is essential.
• The candidate must also be familiar with design specifications, programming specifications, and other system life cycle documentation.
• Performs system capabilities analysis, installs, tests, and validates operational automation and communications software as specified by installation standards, manufacturer's guidance, and licensing terms.
• Maintains a broad knowledge of software engineering and a demonstrated ability to independently work on complex assignments.
Specific deliverables may include:
• Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Analysis
• Migration Forms (Client/All Fusion Gen/Help)
• Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) Analysis
• Data Model (Schema) change Forms
• Requirements Documentation
• Requirements Review Document
• Code Review Document
• Unit Test Review Document
• New Transaction/Module Security Form
Applicant is required to be a US Citizen and an active DOD Secret clearance is highly desired. Candidates without a clearance will be considered provided that it is understood they will be subject to a security investigation to obtain a Federal Government clearance.
• Experienced with the Java programming language; certification desired
• Proven Experience with the Java programming language in a web environment
• Must be able to create specifications and perform related analysis of highly complex information systems issues
• Experience with full lifecycle development (requirements definition, analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation)
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers and share ideas synergistically
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Highly motivated person with a desire to learn new technologies and with the ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
• The Java programmer will have at least five (5) years experience
• BS Degree in Computer Science or related field
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 15 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.