Dachis Group helps companies monitor and improve their social business performance using its suite of Social Business Intelligence as a Service products and managed services. We are currently looking to add a Sr. Java Developer to our talented development team.
- Supporting and extending the capabilities of Dachis's analytics pipeline, including coding in Pig, Hadoop, and Oozie as well as writing Java UDF's to extend Pig.
- Working in Groovy on Grails on a Data API that serves up data generated by the analytics pipeline.
- Working with data in Cassandra, Postgres, HDFS, and Solr.
Strongly Desired Skills:
- 10+ years programming experience
- 7+ years experience programming for the JVM
- Strong SQL and database knowledge
- Strong software design skills
- Strong communication skills
- 3+ years experience as a lead developer or software architect
- Ability and desire to design, write, and maintain complex software in a high-pressure environment
- Strong commitment to continually learning new technologies
Dachis Group is the global leader in data-driven social marketing solutions. Built on a proprietary big data analytics platform, Dachis Group’s social performance measurement and amplification software applications, collaborative insights and reporting capabilities, and world leading data-driven social marketing solutions group help the world’s largest brands engage@scale with their customers.
- 5+ years of startup experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig, and Oozie
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with Groovy on Grails
Every day, Dachis Group’s big data social analytics platform monitors over 10 billion social behaviors and 50 million+ social signals in real-time. Dachis Group delivers powerful insights by tracking, monitoring and helping manage conversations and content across 35,000 brands, 100 million social accounts, and an aggregate audience of 7 billion followers, fans, subscribers and contributors from 233 countries across dozens of the largest social platforms.
The company serves many of the world’s largest brand marketers and their agencies including Disney, Estée Lauder, US Cellular, Hewlett Packard, Nestlé, and Nokia.
Dachis Group - 15 months ago