WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position requires a Software Developer who has experience in the full software development life-cycle (SDLC). The candidate will be required to translate high level requirements into functional requirements to perform design, development, testing, and maintenance of the software from inception to the production system.
Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
Basic Qualifications :
- At least 5 years of computer scientist professional work experience with high level languages and a B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field, or 7 years of computer scientist professional work experience with high level languages
- Minimum of 5 years with software development life-cycle
- Minimum of 5 years of Java experience
- Versed in Object-Oriented design and programming language and technology
- Experience with Oracle or other RDBMS
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Java Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Apache Common
- Messaging frameworks such as JMS, webservices (REST and SOAP)
- Java script and frameworks such as Jquery and EXT-JS 4
- Agile development
- Experience developing across all three tiers in a Java environment
- Continuous Integration using tools such as Hudson, JUnit, Selenium
- Data manipulation and scripting tools PERL, SQL, PL/SQL, EXCEL API, shell scripting
- Some system administration skills is a plus
- Familiarity with XML
- Familiar with developing Business Logic applications/tools to manage the business rules is a plus