JOB PURPOSE: Create and maintain computer applications that meet the needs of the business community. Assist in the identification of business requirements, creation of functional designs and creation of technical designs. Encode programs, create and perform unit tests and assist in user acceptance testing.
- Participate in the development of a new Point of Sale system.
- Modifies existing programs to fix defects or enhance the application based upon user requirements.
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university with a related degree.
- Seven + years experience in application development.
- At least four years experience with web development utilizing Java.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to develop an effective relationship with the companys executive management as well as other coworkers while providing the very highest standards in customer service.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a part of a team with strong team building skills.
- 6-10 years of experience with Java.
- 6-10 years of experience with J2EE Programming, EJB, Servlet and JSP.
- Three years of experience with Java Swing.
- Three years of experience with Service Oriented Architectures and Web Services.
- Three years of experience with Message Driven Bean (MDB) and Java Messaging Systems.
- Three years of experience with IBM Websphere Server.
- Three years of SQL, Oracle and JDBC query experience.
- Experience with Eclipse based development environment (i.e. MyEclipse).
- Previous experience leading other application developers through technical design, code reviews, construction and testing
- Previous experience with CVS, Ant Scripts and Configuration Management Practices.
- Previous experience with UML Modeling Practices and System Use Case development.
- Java 1.6 or greater
- Junit 4 or greater
- Dynamic Mocking
- Eclipse IDE
- Restful Web Services
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with common design patterns (Gang of Four, Martin Fowlers Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, or other)
- Test Driven Development
- Java 1.7
- Agile Development
- Restful Web Services
- Develop Java/Swing based Point-of-Sale (POS) application for the Rent-a-Center stores.
- The POS solution will incorporate re-engineered business processes and operations at the store to improve revenues, efficiencies and relationships with both customers and stores.
- The POS system will be developed utilizing MVC and messaging architectural frameworks.
- The architectural framework will be implemented utilizing Java, Spring, TIBCO messaging, WebServices and Oracle among others.
- The development environment will be Java and MyEclipse based.
- The development methodologies being used is a combination of waterfall and agile.
Physical work environment:
- Developers have individual cube. Development team is assigned in closed area.
- Workstations are provided.
- Business casual attire.
- Emphasis and company culture is Respect – Work Hard – Encourage others – Bring Honor and results.
- Daily - Work from the office.
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago