The CollabNet TeamForge Development team is seeking a talented and experienced developer to join our project team. You will be responsible for architecting and developing a highly scalable web-based application on the J2EE platform. You must have a successful background in Java programming and excellent understanding of JAVA, SCM (Subversion), PYTHON, J2EE, EJB, SOAP XML, and APACHE. You will use your experience to work with team members to develop new features, as well as, enhance existing code base and frameworks. You should have a successful track record as a technical leader that can architect and implement on all tiers of the application development lifecycle. You must possess the ability to understand a variety of technologies and integrate them quickly while working in a fast paced, team-driven environment. This job requires that you be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You must possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast and reliable code. You will also be asked to contribute ideas and provide feedback on many projects within the team’s portfolio.
- Act as senior developer on a project to design and implement features for mission-critical applications.
- Participate on a scrum team under our Agile development process.
- Make design decisions and be able to defend them in front of the architecture review team on the basis of performance, scalability, and future expansion.
- Develop high-quality, reliable, production ready code.
- Assist with project management duties for technical tasks.
- 7+ years of software product development experience with Java
- Expert knowledge of SCM systems (Subversion preferred)
- Expert knowledge of SOAP XML
- Expert knowledge of Web Services
- Expert understanding of software architecture and object oriented design
- Experience with SQL and relational database programming
- Experience building usable highly scalable systems or applications
- Algorithm design and analysis, including knowledge of data structures and design patterns
- Ability to work on multiple projects against deadlines
- 2+ year experience as a technical lead for a team of 2 or more developers
- Experience participating in an Agile/Scrum development team
- Experience with web programming including JSP/Servlets and Web frameworks
- Comfort in speaking to non-technical level audiences on technical subjects
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to take ownership of projects and multi-task
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience
CollabNet, Inc. - 19 months ago