Responsible for designing, developing and supporting software for our various product offerings related to Rich Media development . In addition, the SSE will mentor and guide other team members towards building robust software.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop large scale web applications on the Groovy/Grails (backend) and Backbone (frontend) platforms.
- Assist other engineers in designing new services in accordance with architectural initiatives.
- Support operations engineering staff with troubleshooting
- Design and develop solutions in collaboration with Engineering and Product Management for business critical systems
- Create scalable/operational designs to extend existing data processing infrastructure.
- Demonstrate technical leadership including mentoring less experienced engineers
- Manage small teams of developers for critical development projects
- Lead resolution of operational issues associated with certain systems
- Present and defend proposed architectural solutions
- Participate in development of technical roadmaps
- Communicate project status to stakeholder throughout the business
- Perform other activities and duties as requested
- Strong understanding of Java EE
- Strong understanding of contemporary web design and working on top-tier web teams.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think logically
- Knowledge and development of Linux or Unix OS platforms
- Experience with Open Source tools such as Tomcat, Berkeley DB, etc.
- Experience with large-scale data processing (‘big data’, ETL) and associated tools/platforms is a plus
- Groovy/Grails experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering required
- 5+ years of Java (or Groovy) in a web application environment
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Millennial Media is an equal opportunity employer.