Get to work on special projects that our millions of customers have access to.
Building/integrating Virtual Agent / Live Chat technologies with high profile e-commerce websites. Individual contributor on large scale / high traffic customer facing web applications.
This position is responsible for performing programming and analysis duties and producing specific deliverables relating to various phases of the systems life cycle. The incumbent works independently, and requires supervision on complex tasks.
Works as a team member on intermediate to large projects of average to high complexity under the direction and supervision of senior applications staff and management. Periodically leads other applications team members in selected project activities.
Collects client requirements, performs analysis, writes program specifications and develops designs for medium size projects.
Performs some technical evaluation of products. Responsible for producing high quality deliverables in a timely fashion.
Performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, and scheduling activities.
Proactively communicates status reports and issues to manager. Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related
- 4+ years of experience on working on large scale online self service applications as a J2EE developer with emphasis on Struts2.0, Spring, Hibernate and weblogic or webpshere.
- Must be proficient in resolving cross browser issues and using debuggers like firebug, Chrome devtools.
- Working experience with Advanced HTML 5 and CSS 2 or CSS 3.
- Experience creating XML / XSD specs and Web services using SOAP
- Experience with RAD 7.0 or Eclipse 3+ for Web development
- Experience with Source Control (Configuration management) tool is required.
- Hands on experience in Adobe CQ5 is preffered. Basic understanding of a Content Management System is required.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures. Experience with SDLC and Agile Development Methodology to deliver projects.
- Experience with building/integrating Virtual Agent / ACD / Live Agent / Co-browse technologies with high profile e-commerce websites is a PLUS
- Strong business knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership abilities. Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...