This position will have lead responsibility for the development of Java applications for Services Oriented Architecture based systems. The developer will be responsible for creating components within Java, utilizing standard Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), writing unit test cases and supporting the Testing and Quality Assurance phases of the software development lifecycle. Developer should also be comfortable dealing with consumers and with handling production issues.
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
development, and customizes current applications. Develops software
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed
technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results,
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and
technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team
specification and technical requirements.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies,
defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
Design and Develop enterprise applications using Agile methodology
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Develop detailed designs using Object-Oriented Methodology
Develop Java Components
Create database objects to support components
Write Unit Test Cases
Utilize commercial off-the-shelf and open source technologies
Support testing efforts
Support documentation efforts
Understand and consume application requirements and use cases
Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
Experience in Java Development
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Experience with Oracle or SQL Server development a plus
Experience with web services, service based development, XML/XSD a plus
Experience with developing and deploying J2EE components within Oracle Weblogic Server
Experience with Spring and Hibernate a plus
Experience with development tools such as Eclipse and Maven a plus
Design and Architecture using object-oriented methodologies
Exposure to Agile (TDD) methodology a plus
Experience in a Cable, Telecom, or a Media company a plus
Experience with Voice, Data, and Video technology a plus
Should have excellent communication and problem solving skills
Must be a team player
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
Comcast - 13 months ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online expe...