NorthPoint NEW YORK CITY
BE A PART OF THIS AWARD-WINNING, INNOVATIVE, AND GROWING COMPANY
NorthPoint® Digital is looking for Senior Java Technology Leads who have a passion for delivering killer web and mobile experiences and wowing customers. If you want to revolutionalize the way people build, manage and use websites, you have no better place to work than here.
ABOUT NORTHPOINT® DIGITAL
WE LEAD WITH EXPERIENCE
NorthPoint Digital builds enterprise digital platforms to support and transform user experiences and interactions across the web, mobile, and social touch points - helping organizations drive revenue through their online channels. Our expertise includes but is not limited to Content Strategy, Information Architecture, Content Management Systems, Web Technology, Search, SEO, Social Media, and Mobile.
We have developed numerous websites/web applications, some scaling to over 2 million page views per hour as well as sites with over 500,000 pieces of content. Our goal is to help organizations optimize their digital and mobile presence through a perfect blend of strategy, experience, and technology.
Ideally, candidates should possess a strong foundation in Content Solutions, but we recognize talent from all background. That being said, you must have a proven track record of sound code design, reuse, and maintenance. An end-to-end knowledge of the content management and web application space is a must. Your experience with the majority (or all) of the following will prove invaluable: performance and scalability, design and tuning, data migration, SEO strategy execution, CDN implementation, metrics and third-party web services integration, and general knowledge of open source products and frameworks. The successful candidate will have an understanding of general system administration in both Windows and Unix/Linux environments, database administration and tuning, and web server configuration.
- Provide Senior Java level analysis, architecture, design and development skills
- Construct full project plans for multiple resources including estimating timeframes, multi-resource plans, and reconciliation
- Function as Sr. Technical resource and work with minimal supervision and guarantee the technical delivery of all work you and your team are directly involved in
- Display ability to work independently at a client
- Deep knowledge in a vertical industry or horizontal area of expertise supported by NorthPoint
Nice to have:
- Java J2EE Object Oriented Programming skills with CMS experience
- Experience with Interwoven, CQ5, OpenCms, Magnolia, or other Java content management systems.
- In addition, the successful candidate will have expertise in general system administration in both Windows and Unix/Linux environments, database administration and tuning, and web server configuration.
- Unix/Linux commanding line scripting & 3rd party search engine configuration and integration
- Experience with web server configuration, tuning, proxy, and load balancing
- Java frameworks such as Struts, Spring, and Seam
- Relational entity persistence technologies such as Hibernate, iBatis, and JPA
- Hands on work with search applications such as Solr/Lucene and Google search appliance
Apache Felix, Jackrabbit (or other JCR implementations), Apache Sling, and OSGi are a plus. Python and Ruby programming are a strong plus.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS:
Annual compensation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, 401K Plan with Company Match, Flexible Spending Account, Public Transportation Incentives, Company Paid Training Programs.
PLEASE NO AGENCIES OR STAFFING RECRUITERS
NorthPoint is a leading business and technology consulting firm specializing in custom business applications and solutions that help clients...