You’d call yourself a “Developer” but we both know that barely describes what you do. You’re a researcher. You develop standards. You review code. You’ve seen and done a lot and have that intuitive, gut feel for how things work. On top of that, you can communicate all of this to other people. Oh, and then there’s the fact you’re always learning new things and trying them out. You call yourself a “Developer,” but that’s only because after awhile you’d have to use too many adjectives to describe what you do. Pleased to meet you. We need to get together and discuss what you really do. Everything.
Who are we? We’re Appcelerator. Mobile apps are fast replacing web applications as the way we buy, share, search, learn and collaborate. Appcelerator® helps companies solve for this new mobile reality: delivering native cross-platform apps at the speed of web, mobilizing any data source, and driving success with real-time analytics – all from an open, cloud-based platform. With the Appcelerator Platform, companies can eliminate point tools to scale mobile across the enterprise, drive innovation by unlocking backend data sources for new app capabilities, and measure the overall usage and success of the entire mobile app portfolio.
Appcelerator also provides an award-winning open source mobile development environment, Titanium®. With over 60,000 mobile applications deployed on over 175 million devices, Appcelerator’s solutions are backed by the world’s largest mobile ecosystem, including more than 500,000 mobile developers and hundreds of ISVs and strategic partners, among them SAP, Cognizant and CSC. It serves as the mobile platform of choice for companies like eBay, TUI Travel, Merck, Mitsubishi Electric, ZipCar, and Pay-Pal. Here’s a chance to join the most visionary company in mobile!
If you’re the right kind of person, you probably already knew this (or looked it up on the internet).
- Create, write, document and implement tools on top of NodeJS.
- Explain, patiently, to other people just what you wrote, documented, and implemented.
- Review code, write unit tests, and otherwise help people break all your hard work (and that of others).
- Write blog posts to communicate platform updates to the developer community.
- 4+ years as a Developer.
- Experience on the Android or iOS development platform(s).
- Previous revision control experience with tools like Github.
- Experience with tracking tools like Jira (actually, we prefer Jira since we kind of use it a lot).
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team.
- Work to improve your skills and knowledge, and assist others.
Show us! URLs for sites that use your work, projects you're proud of on GitHub, answers on Stack Overflow, or sample code are all acceptable ways to impress in advance.
- Git and Github experience.
- Experience with open source development.
- Experience in Mobile (yeah, we know, kind of obvious)
- Writing experience – blogs, documents.
- Certifications in platform development technologies, such as Appcelerator’s TCAD certification (we’re a bit biased, what can we say).
If you are in search of an opportunity for a company that fosters innovation and creativity, while delivering cutting edge mobile technologies, then visit jobs.appcelerator.com to learn more about our open positions and submit your resume today.
Appcelerator is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristics.
Appcelerator - 16 months ago