Variable/ IND123/ cb/ mstr
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) provides appropriate nursing care under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) in compliance with the standards of care at Seton Medical Center , Daughters of Charity and the LVN Nurse Practice Act; demonstrates respect for the individual and maintains the dignity of the patient and family unit.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Licensed Vocational Nursing .
- Previous experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Current California licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support.
- Senior Licensed Vocational Nurses must have successfully completed courses in Intravenous Therapy approved by the State Board, and Pharmacology as recognized by the Board of Vocational Nurses and other unit specific certifications. All Licensed Vocational Nurses must complete IV certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Knowledgeable of the California Nursing Practice Act.
- Able to understand and follow all policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations of Nursing Service, Seton Medical Center, Daughters of Charity Health System, Title XXII.
Seton Medical Center - 10 months ago
Seton Medical Center is the largest medical/surgical acute care center in Austin. One of four Magnet hospitals in the SETON Healthcare...