Under minimal supervision, perform method development and adaptation. Coordinate laboratory staff in method transfer, method development and method adaptation for laboratory methods including material identity testing and finished product testing. Inspect and test raw materials, finished goods and other materials as needed. Implement new methods in QC. Perform team leadership tasks; including coordination of testing, procedural guidance and specific task training of QC staff, test data review and approval - applying specification, statistical requirements and procedural verifications - and basic troubleshooting / routine maintenance of lab testing equipment.
Specific Job Duties:
1. Utilizing existing laboratory method resources (USP, Eu Ph, AHPA, AOAC, etc), perform and coordinate method development / adaptation for new and existing laboratory testing techniques, including wet chemistry, HPLC, HPTLC, FT-IR, ICP-MS and UV-VIS in accordance with cGMP’s. To include methods for extraction from complex matrices.
2. Coordinate the training of other analysts on methods transferred from compendia methods or developed in house to bring on line in production lab.
3. Write reports and memos, SOPs, and laboratory procedures relating to job duties, including some data entry in company directories, and specific investigations or project assignments.
4. Assist with company initiative to comply with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). Perform and assist with interdepartmental Quality tasks when necessary.
5. Engage in all aspects of Out of Specification investigations including recommendation & implementation of improvements where necessary.
6. Coordination of the design and implementation of the QC Lab Proficiency Program.
7. Participate as a fully engaged member of a high performance, self directed work team to achieve
Department and company goals.
8. Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
1. Excellent written and verbal skills.
2. Strong attention to detail, experience based
3. Ability to lift 30+ pounds.
4. 20/20 vision or corrected vision.
5. Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or equivalent experience (minimum 4 years analytical lab experience and operation of HPLC, LC-MS).
6. One + years of experience in laboratory and chromatography method development / adaptation in an industrial or academic chemistry or biological laboratory or an equivalent education and / or experience.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
1. Experience in QC or inspection, analytical laboratory experience using HPLC, TLC, ICP/MS, FTIR, UV-Vis spectrophotometric, microbiological, and general analytical laboratory techniques.
2. Demonstrated experience as a group leader or coordinator with good mentoring skills and proven results.
3. 2 + years of HPLC, LC-MS, chromatography method development / adaptation.
4. Experience in dietary supplement / GMP environment.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available at 23 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 600 employees.
Threshold Enterprises - 20 months ago