The Senior Underwriter's primary role is the accurate and timely risk assessment and evaluation of life applications, renewals or cancellations utilizing the underwriting policy, guidelines, insurance laws and regulations. This position can be located in Chicago, IL or Carmel, IN.
- Oversees caseload to achieve desired objectives
- Contributes to the building and maintaining of strong relationships within the organization
- Responsible for the risk decision of new and existing business of all life policies within delegated authority levels and company guidelines
- Maintains an awareness of changing practices and regulations
- Effectively partners with co-workers and agents to create a high performance organization
- Able to serve as a SME to provide input on department procedures or practices
- May serve as a mentor to less experienced underwriters
- Bachelors degree to equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of direct life experience and/or health underwriting experience. Life preferred
- 3 - 5 years experience in a production oriented environment
- Thorough knowledge of life and health products
- Proficiency in underwriting all life and health products, thorough knowledge of regulatory and policy differences among states in which business is transacted
- Actively working toward profession designations
CNO Financial Group, Inc - 20 months ago
CNO Financial Group, Inc., formerly Conseco, Inc., is the holding company for a group of insurance companies operating throughout the United...