Cray is seeking a contract Senior Linux kernel engineer to work closely with the Linux kernel, WLM, IO Networking, DVS, & Triage teams to develop, debug & maintain all aspects of the OS & I/O software that operates our supercomputer systems.
Duties (may include, but are not limited to):
- Assisting in system level integration and debug of the hardware and OS.
- Root cause analysis and resolution of OS & I/O related issues.
- Collecting requirements and proposing design alternatives for OS extensions.
- Designing and/or implementing solutions for OS capabilities or subsystems.
Experience & Education:
Excellent problem solving skills:
- BS in Computer Science or related area, plus 7 or more years’ experience developing operating system software; or an MS in Computer Science or related area plus 4 or more years’ experience developing operating system software.
- Deep expertise in Linux internals, networking internals, WLM internals, high performance computing architectures and software architecture methodologies is required.
- Very high proficiency in C.
- Experience with all non-kernel aspects of Linux is highly desired, including utilities, installation, package management, administration, etc.
- Experience in scalable distributed file system architecture, design, and implementation is a plus.
- Experience in systems performance analysis and tuning is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical leadership is a plus.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results.
- Ability to apply general rules or principles to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Excellent communication skills:
- Completes tasks on time with and without supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others of varying skill levels and also work well alone.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others can understand.
- Ability to write appropriate project documentation.
As the global leader in supercomputing, Cray provides highly advanced supercomputing systems and world-class services and support to government, industry and academia. Cray technology enables scientists and engineers to achieve remarkable breakthroughs by accelerating performance, improving efficiency and extending the capabilities of their most demanding applications. Located in Cray Plaza, enjoy the downtown experience with underground parking and an amazing benefits package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Cray - 4 months ago
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....