opening for a Sr. Linux Systems Administrator located in San Bruno, CA. This is a full-time position
- Configure and tune system and network parameters for optimum performance.
- Monitor system stability and performance.
- Help develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems.
- Ensure 24x7x365 operation.
- Rapidly scale systems to meet demand.
- Participate in architecture decisions.
- Write comprehensive documentation.
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated resume.
- 7+ years as a Linux administrator.
- Most recently worked with RHEL/CentOS 5/6; must have solid knowledge of these environments, and be able to answer probing questions about them.
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
- Solid working knowledge in the following areas MTA, web servers, load balancers, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Oracle RAC, storage (EMC, Brocade, NetApp), network and host security, sudo, monitoring/trending tools such as Zabbix/MON, and relevant protocols (LDAP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS).
- Kickstart server experience, Linux repository maintenance, and rpm package creation/manipulation a plus.
- Shell scripting a plus.
- Solaris and ZFS experience a plus
- Multiple years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production and non-production environments (e.g. ISPs, ASPs, SaaS, etc.) with an emphasis on remote "lights-out" management of systems. A sense of urgency (but not panic) is key.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills.
- Team player with a drive to learn.
- Must be willing/able to pass a phone technical screening.
Full Name:Total Experience as a Systems Administrator:Total Experience with Linux:Total Experience with RHEL / Centos:Total Experience with Load Balancers:Total Experience with Oracle RAC:
Total Experience with Storage (EMC, Brocade, NetApp)
Total Experience with protocols such as LDAP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS, etc.:
Total Experience with Shell Scripting:
Total Experience working in a 24x7 production & non-production environment:
Current Salary / Hourly Rate:Expected Full-Time Salary:Day Phone #:Evening Phone #:Cell Phone #:Availability:Current City/State:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card / H1B / etc.): Qualifications
Bey - 11 months ago
The BeyeNETWORK™ focuses on business intelligence, performance management, data warehousing, data integration and data quality,...