Sr. Litigation Paralegal
Luxottica is seeking an experienced Senior Litigation Paralegal to join its ten-person global Litigation team. This is a dynamic position that offers the opportunity to work on a wide variety of litigation and related matters. This position will be responsible for management of corporate litigation activity, including leading investigations, projects, interviews, and meetings; preparing thorough and concise written summaries and assessments of matters, and interacting effectively with a wide range of constituents, including various internal clients at different levels within the organization, colleagues within the global legal department, and outside counsel in North American and abroad.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties of this position will include:
COMMUNICATION WITH OTHERS
- Litigation management:
- Serve as liaison between internal and outside counsel to ensure efficient and effective management of the Company's litigation, which varies widely, and includes the following types of litigation:
- General litigation: consumer class actions, commercial and professional liability, personal injury, premises liability, product liability, intellectual property, regulatory, and franchise.
- Employment litigation: single and multi-plaintiff lawsuits and class actions based on a variety of labor and employment based laws, including wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and traditional labor laws.
- Receive and review service of process, manage deadlines, maintain electronic matter management information on each case, interview internal contacts and locate necessary information, and assist managing attorney with investigations, assessments, and settlement authority requests.
- Draft and issue litigation hold notices; assist managing attorney with collecting information, data, and documents, and assist with discovery responses.
- Employment charges and position statements: Assess, investigate, and prepare written responses to administrative charges and demand letters related to employment matters. Work with various governmental agencies and outside lawyers on these matters.
- Settlements/Severance: oversee and coordinate settlement and severance payments for matters handled by Litigation team, and processing of related documents.
- Subpoenas: review and assess subpoenas served on Company; lead document and data collection efforts, and prepare documents and data for production.
- Reporting: prepare various periodic and ad-hoc reports and presentations regarding matters handled by the Litigation team.
Global Legal Department
Internal clients at different levels within the organization, including executive management
Outside legal counsel in North America and abroad
Government and agencies
Expectations: All communications will be in a manner that is professional, courteous, concise, thorough and timely.
Knowledge and Skills
- Project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail, timeliness, and confidentiality
- Flexible as to the types of matters that will be assigned as the team's priorities shift and evolve
- Self-starter who is innovative, able to multi-task, and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Strong computer skills; Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and electronic document and matter management systems.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Requires a paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of experience managing litigation, with at least two years in an in-house litigation paralegal position.
LUXOTTICA - 13 months ago