The Sr. Logistics Analyst is responsible for the development and deployment of operational metrics, reporting infrastructures, financial analysis, quality management tools, and processes to optimize the cost and performance of all facilities throughout the country. This individual will partner closely with Operations, Transportation, Solutions & Account Management in defining requirements/solutions and ensuring that performance commitments are met by operations.
Develop, maintain, and improve all operational reporting infrastructures to support growth initiatives within our network operations, focusing on quality management and performance.
Manage network quality initiatives and audit platforms, ensuring continuous improvement and expectations are exceeded.
Oversee all network cycle time initiatives and assist Transportation with reducing outliers, ensuring network goals are met on a weekly basis and that all facilities are in compliance. Distribute network inventory reports daily and monitor inventory levels in all locations.
Design/implement new dashboards and analytical requirements to ensure cycle time, quality and operational KPI’s are tracked and monitored as operational changes and improvements are made, providing analysis to ensure optimum ROI’s are achieved.
Develop and enhance financial forecasting platform from an operations perspective, and be responsible for monthly financial reporting and analysis.
Oversee and assist with all new returns client rollouts from an operational perspective to ensure launches are communicated and monitored at all facilities, reporting any issues internally for prompt resolution.
Manage and be responsible for all operational projects and initiatives, including new facility deployments, automation analysis & implementation, and current operations project list.
Travel up to 25% nationally to NGS facilities and vendors as needed.
Special projects and all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, or a related field, and a minimum 5 - 10 years industrial engineering experience within the logistics industry, preferably in a small parcel environment.
- Strong analytical skills and structured problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the components of freight costs and/or experiences in a multiple location distribution network a plus.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic, as well as excellent people and organizational skills.
- Expert knowledge in MS Word such as keyboard short cuts, creating macros, merge, merge queries, templates, table techniques, and working with images and text.
- Expert knowledge in MS Excel such as pivot tables, v-look ups, creating macros and creating complex formulas.
- Proficient in MS Visio such as creating Visio diagrams, creating custom styles and templates, cross functional flow charts, linking drawings to other MS applications, working with data, custom reports, and exporting.
Newgistics, Inc. - 12 months ago