Job Order #: 3656070-32027-5337
Job Title: Sr. MSS Security Engineer
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Job Length: 4 Months
Rate: Market (W2 only, no agencies or 3rd parties please)
The Sr. Security Engineer for Log Collection is a vital key contributor to a global team with responsibility for ensuring that Client Managed Security Services can collect and analyze security event data from hundreds of discreet technologies, across a global customer base.
As part of a team that defines and determines our security event data collection and retention methodologies,
This role has the overall responsibility for managing the delivery platforms, hardening and maintaining the (MSS) baselines for a Linux server environment, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Mentor newly hired Security Engineers on SOC procedures and policies.
- Employees at this level are considered a Tier 3 level response reviewing escalated issues as necessary.
- Responsible for Significant and Major change requests handling and completion.
- Troubleshoot and restore normal service operation of managed devices as quickly as possible to minimize the impact on customer's operations.
- Interface with customers as assigned and take the lead on proactive recommendations, as well as planning and preparing their Significant and Major Changes.
- Will assist in the defining, tracking and maintaining the standard baselines and configuration sets of all applicable SOC managed devices.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of knowledgebase and procedure documentation.
- Provides well thought out input into how the service and/or processes may be improved Supports and performs some Incident Management (Queue/Workload Management) Responsibilities.
- Researches and investigates the details of specific customer incidents and documents such in After Action Reports (AAR).
- Candidate in this position must be able to support a 24/7 operating environment and participate in a on-call technical support rotation.
- 4-6+ years experience as a system administrator in Unix/Linux environments, defining and maintaining configuration standards & baselines.
- 1+ year experience interfacing and communicating with enterprise-level customers and various technical contacts.
- 1-2+ years experience working in VMware virtualized environments.
- Good understanding of networking concepts(TCP/IP, routing, firewall, proxy, DNS, etc) and ability to troubleshoot networking issues relating to server administration.
- Ability to execute projects with defined scope, deliverables and timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven technical writing/documentation experience.
- Detail-Oriented, proven attention to detail in past projects.
- Experience with scripting is preferred.
- Centralized server and performance management is preferred.
- 1+ years hands-on experience designing and implementing technical security solutions, including firewalls, virtual private networks and intrusion detection systems preferred.
- Some experience with shell scripting, python 2.4 and 2.6, SQL, network engineering and security engineer principles preferred
- Provide level 3 escalation assistance to the Regional MSS teams when needed.
- This includes working as part of a 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience