Posting Title Sr. MTS Dynamic Ops About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China. Job Description DynamicOps by VMware’s cloud automation and management solutions enable enterprise IT to create highly personalized and scalable private, public and desktop cloud services in days from existing systems and processes. Customers realize the fastest time-to-cloud value and unparalleled IT efficiency, and can respond to market demands very quickly and economically.
We are looking for a talented software developer to take a lead role as part of the System & Infrastructure team. This is a coding position with architecture skills. The System & Infrastructure team is responsible for the DynamicOps Cloud Automation platform including feature integration, Internationalization, and upgrade/install, serviceability.
- Analyze and understand the product database, middle tier and UI to make recommendations as well as code changes to support the responsibilities of the team.
- Work with developers and QA to improve automated test processes and keep the code base stable (Continuous Integration)
- Develop a solid technical foundation for a wide range of enterprise IT products and technologies, including various hypervisors, virtualization platforms and management tools, as well as development technologies including Visual Studio 2012, .NET 4.5, Rest API, Linux, Security, and distributed architecture.
Requisition Number 39840BR
- 7+ years of experience working in a software engineering organization, with at least 2 years of experience working in a .NET development environment.
- Technical competency in .NET, C#, MSSQL, and object-oriented programming required, ASP.NET experience desired.
- Knowledge of Windows required (Windows API required, MSI knowledge desired), Linux and UNIX operating systems desired.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with a small team of dedicated engineers to creatively solve challenging problems and work with tight deadlines under pressure. Able and willing to perform other related technical duties when called on to help out the team.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision. A self-starter with demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and effectively manage your own deliverables and schedules.
- Understanding of enterprise IT operations, for example, Windows and Linux OS deployment practices desired.
- Experience with virtualization products and their associated tools and management applications, such as VMware ESX, XEN, Microsoft Hyper-V, are desired but not required. Location Burlington, MA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
VMware - 9 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...