A job at BART offers the satisfaction of providing an invaluable public service, while accomplishing your own career goals, earning highly competitive pay, and enjoying an unparalleled benefits program. BART , a wonderful career opportunity.
Pay and Benefits
BART offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefits programs you will find anywhere. We pay at rates that are strongly competitive in the labor market, and complement our pay program with an outstanding benefits package. Benefits include the renowned CalPERS pension, excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage, supplemental insurances, excellent paid holidays and vacation, as well as two investment programs, one of which is entirely funded by BART on your behalf. BART also saves you money in your paycheck because no deductions are made for Social Security.
Effective January 1, 2013, all newly hired or rehired District employees are subject to the terms and conditions of the new Public Employees Pension Reform Act of 2013 (AB340) affecting pension and pension contributions.
$77,564.13/ Annually to $120,225.77/Annually (Non-Rep, Pay Band 6)
January 31, 2013
March 2, 2013
Saturday and Sunday
Who May Apply
All current BART employees and qualified individuals who are not yet BART employees.
This incumbent selected for this position will responsible for performing a variety of duties in the development and administration of the Maintenance and Engineering’s Preventative/Predictive Maintenance program. This included assisting in the overall process of maintaining materials and equipment by improving and sustaining the overall equipment reliability of the District. The incumbent will provide data collection and analysis to document system and equipment performance and reliability testing; determines the impact and effectiveness of operational procedures and methods; and performs related duties as assigned.
II. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
1. Principles, practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in reliability centered maintenance.
2. Principles and practices of concepts related to reliability engineering.
3. Operational characteristics of fixed rail systems and associated equipment.
4. Methods and techniques of data collection and analysis.
5. Root Cause Analysis processes and problem solving techniques.
Essential Job Functions
1) Maintains oversight of Preventive/Predictive Maintenance (PM) and Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) procedures by developing engineering type solutions to repetitive equipment failures and other maintenance related problems; implements methods to reduce the need for maintenance and ultimately eliminating the occurrence of failures and assisting in the development of processes and equipment specifications enabling a comprehensive overall lifecycle cost and reliability perspective.
2) Develops partnerships and works closely with key stakeholders in and outside the organization such as Maintenance & Engineering, Rolling Stock & Shops, Operations, Material Management and Reliability Engineering on process to ensure that materials and equipment are reliable and in a state of good repair.
3) Develop and administers the Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Program by specifying and developing standard repair techniques of major repetitive tasks such as component replacements; Ensures that responsible personnel are trained in the Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Program.
4) Regularly review assigned asset failures to determine what preventive maintenance actions may have prevented the failure, and to identify means to reduce the likelihood of repeat occurrences.
5) In conjunction with the Maintenance Planner maintains and updates a library of all standard job tasks for future reference and implementation; Periodically conducts audits of job plans to verify their effectiveness using results to apply value analysis toward the maintenance division
6) Develop standardized processes to influence new construction and equipment purchases including materials, equipment and spare parts.
7) Identify potential cost reductions through extended parts life, reducing labor costs, and other parts related improvement techniques.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in engineering, physical sciences, mathematics, computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three (3) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable experience in the analysis of preventative maintenance system and equipment operational performance and reliability. Transit system experience is preferred.
Additional professional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis. A college degree is preferred.
Principles, practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in reliability centered maintenance.
Operational characteristics of fixed rail systems and associated equipment.
Root cause analysis processes and problem solving techniques.
Performing statistical, mathematical and comparative analysis on equipment reliability and performance.
Analyzing problems; identifying solutions, projecting likely outcomes form proposed maintenance actions, and implementing recommendations in support of a state of good repair for all assets.
Implementation of reliability based maintenance program with emphasis on planning and scheduling, asset management, and strategic maintenance planning.
Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Applications will be screened to assure that minimum qualifications are met. Those applicants who meet minimum qualifications will then be referred to the hiring department for the completion of further selection processes.
The selection process for this position may include a skills/performance demonstration, a written examination, and/or an individual or panel interview.
The successful candidate must have an employment history demonstrating reliability and dependability; provide copies of certificates, diplomas or other documents as required by law, including those establishing his/her right to work in the U. S.; pass a pre-employment medical examination which includes a drug and alcohol screen, and which is specific to the essential job functions and requirements. Pre-employment processing will also include a background check. (Does not apply to current full-time District employees unless specific job requires additional evaluations)
Equal Employment Opportunity
The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer-related), genetic information or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
The BART Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities or for religious reasons. Please advise the Human Resources Department of any special needs in advance of the examination by calling (510) 464-6112.
Qualified veterans may be eligible to obtain additional veteran's credit in the selection process for this recruitment (effective Jan. 1, 2013). To obtain the credit, veteran's must attach to the application a DD214 discharge document or proof of disability and complete/submit the Veteran's Preference Application no later than the closing date of the posting. For more information about this credit please go to the Veteran's Preference Policy and Application link at www.bart.gov/jobs.
Please be prepared to present documentation in support of any required licenses, degrees, or certifications upon request.
When you have successfully applied for this position you will receive an auto reply e-mail acknowledging that your application was received for this position. Please retain a copy of the e-mail for your records. If you receive an auto reply that does not specifically reference this position, please call the Employment Help Line at (510) 464-6112 for assistance.
To verify submission of your application, click on the 'My Career Tools' link at the top of the 'Careers Home Page' after submitting your application to view the list of applications you have submitted (including application date and status). If you have further questions, please call the Employment Help Line at (510) 464-6112, between the hours of 8:15am - 5:00pm, Monday- Friday.
Bay Area Rapid Transit - 2 years ago