The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
SolarCity is seeking a Sr. Manager of Benefits and Compensation who can help us design and deliver our total rewards strategy and programs as we scale rapidly, as well as implement and support the systems and processes necessary to enable success. The position is located in San Mateo, CA and will report to the Director of Human Resources.
Responsibilities include designing, managing, and communicating benefit and compensation programs to assure competitiveness, attraction, and retention of employees. The Manager will provide daily leadership to benefits staff and balance both strategic and tactical/operational responsibilities.
• Partner with field operation leadership to provide Benefits and Compensation consultation, and the delivery of programs and services
• Take ownership for company-wide programs and initiatives including Benefit Open Enrollment, Focal Salary Reviews process, etc.
• Manage benefit programs including plan design, analysis, compliance, and benchmarking
• Be at ease in communicating with all levels of the company and have an aptitude for making well-informed recommendations to senior management, executives, HR, Finance and Legal teams. Take the lead to resolve problems by driving issues to conclusion
• Partner with broker and Payroll/HR (HRMS) provider to maximize programs and systems
• Focus effort, resources, and people on delivering quality programs and solutions and providing responsive service levels throughout the company
• Take initiative to help team members and direct reports understand how their work fits into the bigger picture
• Provide clear direction and priorities
• Know how to get things done in a rapidly growing, changing, and dispersed organization
• Demonstrate exemplary behavior and create a trusting environment with empowered individuals and teams
• Bachelor’s degree in related human resources discipline or equivalent education, HR certifications and work experience
• 5 plus years of experience and progressive responsibility in benefits and compensation, ideally in a public company. Must have worked for a large employer (2500 employee plus) for a period of time. Must have managed at least 3 years in Benefits function
• Manage benefit and compensation programs including plan design review, analysis, and competitive benchmarking
• Strong and advanced technical proficiency with HR systems and MS Office (advanced Excel and PowerPoint, mail merge) skills required. Experience with UtltiPro a plus
• Experience in a fast paced, high growth company and willing to roll up sleeves and perform tactical work
• PHR or SPHR preferred and working towards CCP certification a plus
• Highly effective communication, influence, presentation, listening, and team player qualities can be demonstrated
• Demonstrated project management and implementation skills and demonstrated capability developing and leveraging metrics
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background screen
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Great people committed to making the world a better place
• Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
• 401k plan and stock options
• Career path opportunities for top performers
• Holiday Parties, Earth Team community group, discount gym membership, and more
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...