Sr. Manager, Client Management-13003994
Manage American Express Merchants Located Throughout The Southern Region. Function As The Key Problem Solver For Strategic Merchants. Responsible For Identifying And Driving Initiatives To Strengthen Relationships, Grow Charge Volume, Improve Profitability And Share And Reinforce The Value Of American Express Card Acceptance. Must Aggressively Penetrate Accounts Through The Pro-Active Identification And Capitalization On Potential Opportunities. Evaluate Business Problems, Identify Solutions, Track And Evaluate Business Results And Develop Other American Express Divisions And Non-Account Relationships As Necessary To Increase Presence In The Market.
Merchant Services, The Merchant Network Of American Express, Acquires And Maintains Relationships With Millions Of Merchants Who Welcome American Express-Branded Cards. Our Goal Is To Be An Indispensable Payments Partner Of Our Merchant Customers, While Simultaneously Delivering Differentiated Products And Services That Meet Or Exceed Customer Needs And Drive Revenue Growth And Premium Economics For Both Our Merchants And American Express.
Client Managers Are Responsible For Establishing Deep, Personal, Mutually-Beneficial And Profitable, Long-Lasting Relationships With Merchant Accounts. They Deliver Value To Merchants Through Unique Insights And Differentiation. By Developing An In-Depth Understanding Of The Merchant's Organization And Industry, And Applying Knowledge Of Amex, Client Managers Serve As Consultants Within Merchant Services To Develop And Sell Customized Amex-Wide Solutions That Help Merchants Manage And Optimize Their Investments, Payment Processing And Card Experiences.
The Role Of The Client Manager Offers A Great Opportunity To Leverage And Develop Relationship Management And Consultative Selling Skills, While Working In A Challenging, Yet Collaborative Environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Managing And Deepening Merchant Relationships
- Demonstrating Amex’s Value Proposition To Our Merchants
- Monitoring Health Of Merchant Experience (E.G., Processing, Disputes, Fraud)
- Proactively Addressing Potential Regulatory Changes
- Negotiating Contracts
- Participating In Pricing Initiatives
- Driving Expansion Of Amex Card Acceptance With Our Merchants
- Driving Fee-Based Revenue Product Sales (E.G., Merchant-Specific Reports On Customer Behavior)
- Developing And Working With Internal Partners To Execute Marketing Programs
- Negotiating With Internal Amex Partners
- Participating In Special Projects
- Amex And Industry-Specific Compliance Activities As Required
Successful Sales And Marketing Experience. Business-To-Business Background Desirable. Ability To Work In A Virtual Environment With Solid Time Management, Organization, Negotiation And Influence Skills. Proven Analytical And Decision-Making Abilities. Able To Proactively Identify Business Opportunities And Persuasively Influence Both Internal And External Constituents. Superior Teamwork, Interpersonal And Communication Skills. Able To Drive Results And Successfully Handle Multiple Priorities Against Tight Deadlines. Highly Customer Focused. Able To Remain Flexible And Manage Change In A Fast Growing Business Environment. Must Be Highly Self-Motivated. Some Overnight Travel Required. Ba/Bs Or Equivalent Preferred. Successful. Candidate Must Reside In The Southern Region; Ga, Fl, Nc, Sc Preferred.
- Strong Relationship Management And Consultative Selling Skills With A Demonstrated Ability To Establish, Maintain, And Deepen Partnerships With Customers, And Identify And Drive Profitability Within A Portfolio
- Demonstrated Success In Account / Pipeline Management And Strategic Account And Portfolio Planning
- Strong Negotiation, Influencing And Collaboration Skills
- Superior Customer Focus And Drive For Results
- Proven Ability To Take Initiative And Work Independently
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Market / Industry Knowledge
- Payments Industry Knowledge (Preferred)
A Motor Vehicle Records Check Will Be Conducted For All Successful Candidates At The Time Of Offer. Disclosure Of All Moving Violations Within The Last 3 Years (Including, But Not Limited To: Speeding Tickets, Refusal To Submit To Bac (Blood Alcohol Content), Reckless Driving, Leaving Scene Of Accident, And Drivers License Suspension For Moving Violations) Is Required During The Application Process.
- 3-5 Years Successful Sales / Relationship Management And Business Development Experience Required
- Prior Experience Partnering With Senior Level Decision Makers Up To The C-Level Is Required
- Bachelors Degree Required
- High Degree Of Proficiency In Ms Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) Required
- Prior Experience With Salesforce.Com Is A Plus
Primary Location: US-Georgia-Atlanta
US-North Carolina, US-Florida, US-South Carolina
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...