Posting Job Title: Sr. Manager, Commission Development & Analysis
Requisition #: 144840BR
Posting Location: Morrisville, NC, US
Area of Interest: Finance/Accounting
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Sr. Manager for our Commissions Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Responsible for ensuring the development and timely execution of Commission and Incentive Plan processing methods, tools and overall process delivery. Manage the partnership and process with the Oracle Incentive Development team to ensure that all commission plans are built on schedule, set up based on plan specifications, and business rules are aligned based on approved new and revised commission plans and procedures. This position will lead the coordination and be responsible for the oversight of all commission development plans in OIC and/or other tools and programs used to administer commissions. Key partners for the Sr. Manager role include; HR Compensation, Commission Administration Team, sales and operations and OIC Development teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build relationships with business leaders and serve as a key resource for the business on the development of the commissions process, new plan development, providing insight nd guidance on future enhancements, key areas that would improve commissions processing, tool development and overall knowledge resource for business leaders.
- Manage team that is responsible for providing sales leaders, finance, HR and any other departments recurring and various financial reporting/analysis related to commissions and/or on an ad-hoc basis.
- Partner with business leaders and HR Compensation to define and plan development for commission plans.
- Strategize with leaders on plan development on identifying risks and administration hurdles that may negatively impact commission payouts and/or the overall commission process.
- Participate in commission plan standardization, design of modules and reports and consolidation to One TWC structure for commission administration.
- Provide direction and tactical assistance in partnership with the OIC development team and/or TSG for plan development in accepted tool(s) and coordinate user acceptance testing for end users.
- Proactively identify reasonable solutions for commission tools and processes in an effort to drive efficiency, standardization and innovative ideas that will solve for business problems and further enhance the commission process, administration and reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring Commission Administration Team (CAT) and end users complete all requirements needed to meet launch deadlines for commission plan implementation.
- Liaison between OIC Development Team and business teams. Accountable for timely communications and updates regarding commission plan development for new and updated plan development.
- Drive development plan in partnership with OIC development team to ensure launch dates are met and end users and set expectations for the development team.
- Ensure audit controls are in place over commission development and the integrity of commissions payments are maintained according to Company and department regulations, policies, procedures and governance over commission processing.
- Document, write, update, and maintain all governance and control documents for commission administration.
- Lead strategic ongoing process improvement by developing and implementing standardized processes and practices around commission administration.
- Maintains confidentiality on matters relating to payroll commissions and performance.
- Leadership, coaching, and development of a team of professionals.
- Responsible for the quality of work, process adherence, escalations, tools deployment and coaching/mentoring of the team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, MIS or related field
- Five to seven years of management/supervisory experience
- Proven team player, partnership, troubleshooter, and result oriented.
- Multi-tasked oriented; capable of working in fast paced and changing environment.
- Supports management to enforce procedures and policies to improve overall commission processing.
- Maintains poise under pressure with ability to adapt to changing priorities, develop alternative solutions, and work in a team environment.
- Action-oriented, energetic individual needing little direction or supervision. Possess a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees and the Company.
- Proactive and innovative. Ability to troubleshoot and think logically to resolve complex problems
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to interpret and communicate effectively results and present to various members of management; including executive management.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong project management skills
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Knowledge in ICOMS / AS400 and or CSG a plus, including the ability to navigate and research within the system(s) and gather information to resolve inquiries
- Experience with Oracle (OIC) a plus but not required
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Yes, travel required 15% by plane or car.
Manager: Delegates authority to carry out work of a unit to subordinate supervisors or managers
FCC Unit_TWC: 0593
Controlling Establishment ID: 00436 - Morrisville Paramount
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...