Sr. Manager, Creative Design-13003634
The American Express Interactive group (AXPi) is responsible for designing, building, and governing the global enterprise-wide digital platforms, processes and channels including mobile and tablet. The Sr. Manager, Creative Design will be part of the User Experience, Prototyping and Innovation team and will be our lead creative thinker, able to translate ideas and concepts into highly usable digital experiences for the AmericanExpress.com website, mobile/tablet app’s, and emerging R&D pilots. This person has a great opportunity to continue the transformation of American Express’ digital brand, required to think 2-5 years out, setting the bar even higher for experiences that are already labeled as “Best in Web for Credit Card Companies” according to JD Power.
- Set vision and drive concepts to create stellar, innovative interactive experiences for full spectrum of devices and use cases.
- Expected to guide and inspire a creative team, lead by example and have strong communication skills to support global business partners on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage multiple creative projects as a designer and a creative leader.
- Work closely with fellow creatives and developers to build out prototypes and provide support for usability tests.
- Be a passionate advocate for the user, ground ideas in industry best practices, UCD research and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
- Act as creative expert on projects outsourced to other agencies and help uphold design best practices, guidelines, brand consistency, and quality.
- 7-10 years digital agency or dot com experience as a creative guru.
- It’s critical that you have a master-level understanding of digital graphic design, typography, and interface design.
- Expert in designing user centered design experiences for multiple devices and platforms, understanding responsive layouts and how to optimize design for flexible layout treatments.
- 2-3 years experience mentoring and inspiring creative talent.
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate/influence at all levels without having direct authority.
- Familiarity in the prototyping capabilities of HTML, DHTML, and CSS; significant experience working with tech developers
- Vision, passion and POV about the evolution of interactive design.
- Desire to develop oneself; a hunger to innovate and stay current in trends and techniques.
- Bachelors or Masters in Design, Graphic Arts or equivalent.
- Portfolio required + a keen sense of humor
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...