The primary function of this position is to manage all activities in the Customer Services call center, meeting all performance standards and established goals of the organization. This will include supporting all activities for quality improvement, client support, ASH policies and other related ad hoc projects. Ensuring the Call Center is in compliance with regulatory, accreditation and health plan standards.
· Develops, manages, evaluates and is responsible for all activities within assigned scope of authority. Ensures accuracy and productivity in the Clinical Call Center while achieving/exceeding the company’s internal and external standards.
· Ensures appropriate and effective training and development programs. Monitor business volume forecasting and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
· Proactively creates and/or develops solutions for Customer Service and Operations Teams utilizing ASH technology infrastructure and applications.
· Maintains management reporting on service quality levels, turnaround times, and team performance: reports results to Senior Management, identifies and resolves barriers to achieve results.
· Evaluates staffing needs both temporary and full time.
· Escalation point to answer the more complex, detailed, or customer-sensitive situations.
· Evaluates performance and counsels accordingly: including managers, supervisors and trainers.
· Initiates all operational policies and procedures.
· Continually identify training needs for the Clinical Call Center.
· Evaluates results and reports observations and recommendations for improvement to the Director, Customer Service.
· Ensures consistency between quality assurance processes and performance standards.
· Participates with other members of management to discuss operational and organizational matters and ensure efficient and effective teamwork is maintained within the organizations.
· Provides input to developing organization goals, strategies, budgets, and other long and short term planning matters.
· Serves on committees.
· Assists in the development of procedural and software systems that allow ASH to operate more effectively and efficiently.
· Works with clients as necessary to provide support and service.
· Ensures completion of all research necessary to prepare written responses to inquiries from patients, providers and health plans within 5 days.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent.
· Minimum five years of experience working in a customer service call center in which at least three have been in a supervisory/management capacity.
· Familiarity with managed care (HMO, PPO, POS and related plans) preferred.
· Proficient in MS Office.
· Effective leadership skills.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills; with the ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility - Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements – Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions - Usual office setting