Sr. Manager, Field Marketing
Clif Bar & Company is looking for a SR. MANAGER, FIELD MARKETING for our Field Marketing Team.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations. As well as embody the “Clif Bar Ingredients” (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself).
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Senior Manager, Field Marketing, is responsible for driving the Field Marketing vision for all Clif Bar & Company brands. Through innovative and authentic Field marketing plans, and a deep understanding of the consumer event experience, this position will build equity and drive brand penetration. Primary responsibilities include building short and long-term marketing strategy, leading a large, field-based team in developing integrated plans, and partnering internally with Sr. Experience Managers to create integrated Field/Experience annual plans.
• Provide leadership and vision in evolving the Field Marketing model, while maintaining Clif Bar & Company’s grassroots, authentic approach.
• Develop and evolve strategies for the event marketing mix and overall regional go-to-market approach to support short and long-term brand objectives.
• Partner with Experience Marketing team during the annual Planning process and throughout execution to create and ensure integrated and regionally relevant Field Marketing plans that support Experience Marketing/Brand objectives.
• Inspire and motivate a large team of primarily field-based employees and support them in their development and execution of regional marketing plans.
• Effectively manage annual budgets.
• Proactively develop relationships with key external stakeholders including event partners, agencies and partner brands.
• Be an advocate for Field Marketing’s unique consumer touch point within the organization, and build strong internal partnerships to maximize the effectiveness of Field Marketing.
• Develop, implement and oversee Field Marketing infrastructure to improve budgeting, forecasting, project management and event staffing abilities.
• Cultivate a continued passion for our brands within the Field Marketing team, and foster creativity to bring authentic ideas to life.
• Stay current with Field Marketing trends and innovation, and translate to relevant strategies for Clif Bar & Company brands.
• Incorporate CB&C Aspirations into marketing plans, including ways to reduce environmental impact and support our communities.
• Model CB&C company philosophy, values, principles and best practices of leadership (both externally and internally)
Position-Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who exemplifies the Clif Bar culture in all candidate communications and interactions.
• Embody the Clif Bar Five Aspirations and Ingredients.
• Be a strategic and entrepreneurial thinker, capable of building plans to support brand and experience marketing objectives, and have a passion for our brands.
• Exemplify a solid understanding and proven experience with event/field marketing concepts and techniques.
• Visionary thinker and creative problem solver.
• Strong Verbal/written communication skills.
• Proven budget management experience.
• Skills in multi-tasking and prioritizing work with impeccable attention to detail.
Leadership Skills Required
• Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
• Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
• Strong relationship building skills, leadership and vision to manage a team.
• Proven success managing a team and working cross-functionally with people at all levels in a team-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to Clif Bar’s Values and Aspirations, and Ingredients.
Technical Expertise Required
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience required.
• 7-10 years’ experience that includes experiential program management.
• 15-20% travel to sponsored events and other Field executions.
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
Clif Bar & Company - 10 months ago
Clif Bar found a toehold in a niche market and has climbed steadily up ever since. The company is a leading maker of natural energy,...