The primary function of this position is to manage Coaching related activities in the Healthyroads department, as well at remote locations including staff working from home.
· Manage Coaching related activities.
· Accountable for achieving internal and external performance standards: reports results to Senior Management, identifies and resolves barriers to achieve results.
· Implements and monitors policies and procedures that support department objectives and provide quality oversight to ensure compliance with Healthyroads standards and client expectations.
· Accountable for hiring, training and retaining high performance and injury free team members.
· Conveys clear and concise messages appropriate to intended audience; represents ASH in a professional manner through effective oral and written communication
· Demonstrates good judgment through appropriate delegation while maintaining proper oversight and follow up; prepares leadership staff for situational delegation
· Uses effective project management skills and tools to facilitate projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones, and accomplish deliverables according to plan
· Uses resources effectively (people, time, expenses) to manage within or below budgetary targets based upon current business environment
· Training and mentoring new Supervisors
· Completes performance reviews for direct reports in a timely manner. Assures all Supervisors complete their direct reports’ annual evaluations in a timely manner.
· Design, build, and implement remote worker program. Oversee all remote workers including staff working from home.
· In cooperation with department Managers and Corporate leadership as needed, design and build the remote coach worker program.
· Write and implement unique policies and procedures for remote staff.
· Train remote staff as required on unique policies and procedures
· Assure performance of remote staff is equal to or exceeds department standards
· Coordinate and/or attend weekly quality assurance team and case review meetings with Medical Services staff and/or client representatives to assure all necessary cases are presented in a timely manner.
· Assist staff as needed to prepare cases for presentation and assure all cases are closed/resolved in a timely manner.
· Coordinate case review meetings with outside entities as required by client contract. This includes Health Advocates, Personal Nurses, and DM vendors.
· Assist staff with phone sessions as needed and resolve technical issues.
· Handle difficult members if escalated beyond a Supervisor level
· Handle member complaints and grievances as they relate to coach member interactions.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a health related field (psychology, social work, health education, Nutrition, Exercise Science, etc), required.
· Registered, certified, licensed health care professional (dietitian, nurse, and exercise professional) or Master’s prepared clinician in a health related field (psychology, social work, health education, Nutrition, Exercise Science) or equivalent, a plus.
· Minimum ten years combined experience working in Health Education, Health/Life Coaching field and/or in a health related setting required.
· Minimum five years progressive experience performing mentoring and/or management duties in a health related environment.
· Experience with managing remote workers including work from home environments, a plus.
· Proficiency in MS Office and basic word processing skills.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility, within region, and nationally by car and plane as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 13 months ago