Posting Job Title: Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Requisition #: 144436BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Director, HR Business Partner for our Residential Group for Charlotte, North Carolina, or Columbus, Ohio or El Segundo, California.
The Director, HR Business Partner is responsible for providing support to clients with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company. The focus of this position is on service delivery to the assigned business group. Specifically, this position will support the Residential Finance Organization consisting of 1300 geographically dispersed employees who are responsible for financial planning and analysis, payment collection services, revenue planning and monitoring signal security for Time Warner Cable's residential cable, HSD and voice customers. The position will report directly to the Vice President, Human Resources Business Partner for Enterprise..
Client Support and Coaching :
- Assist with the adherence to the company-wide processof organization development that addresses issues
such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design,
and change management
- Partners closely with client group people leaders to ensure the consistent and fair resolution of employee relations
issues as well as all other programs, training, compensation, resources and benefits are administered fairly and consistently
- Supports company initiatives and regional Human Resources strategy
- Support mission and values in ways that support business objectives
- Promotes client group activities around the company's Mission & Values and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
Employee Engagement :
- Ensure employees feel connected to the organization
- Ensure programs support the culture for the location, and partner with assigned clients to execute on location
- Thoroughly investigate and document employee concerns, employee relations and performance
management issues utilizing a consistent set of tools and methodologies set forth by HR, and advise
department people leaders on appropriate corrective actions
- Conduct exit interviews on all voluntary terminations
- Facilitates all termination paperwork for voluntary and involuntary terms (including benefits info, final paycheck, etc.)
- Participates in unemployment hearings of impacted employees within respective functional groups
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members on tasks that require additional guidance and support
- Provide support to managers during employee performance/appraisal cycle
- Work with leaders of business functions to understand how restructurings and other changes may impact the
- Utilize current HR tools to perform administrative functions as necessary (i.e. self-service tool to code job
- Comply with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements to minimize
company exposure to lawsuits
- Interprets and educates client group on HR policies and provides employee counseling on such policies as
- Reviews and evaluates disciplinary actions to include written warnings, suspensions and dismissals, etc. to
ensure consistent application of company policies, contract agreement, federal and state laws
- Partner with internal resources to execute HR initiatives and client-specific programs, as well as helps lead the
efforts to ensure seamless employer/employee communication
- Partners with regional HR functional teams including Leadership and Development, Talent Acquisition,
Employee Services and Safety to efficiently implement, administer and deliver region-wide Human Resource
programs, processes, projects and change management objectives
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resource Management, and/or Industrial Relations is required. Minimum of five (5) years of human resources experience with professional generalist required. 2+ years in telecommunication or cable industry preferred. 3+ years of experience advising and coaching through disciplinary actions and personnel decisions required. 3+ years of experience conducting internal investigations and recommending appropriate course of action/resolution required. Experience with company programs and policies, organizational development, employee and labor relations required. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations required. Must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously under pressure, and meeting goals/deadlines is a must. Requires agility in dealing with instant changes in the organization and projects. Must be willing to travel when necessary.
The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record of proficiency in the following Competencies:
Must possess interpersonal and communication behaviors that facilitate successful one-on-one and group interactions, the result of which will build trust and partnerships, and gain commitment from senior leaders and the employee population.
Must demonstrate leadership behaviors that guide others in the successful execution of their assigned responsibilities, and help them aspire to and achieve organizational outcomes. The incumbent must be able to build a successful team, delegate responsibility, facilitate change, and energize talent through coaching, while aligning performance for success.
C. Business Management:
Must possess management behaviors that guide or direct the business unit to achieve the outcomes necessary for the organization's success. Such behaviors will include strong business acumen, solid planning and organizational skills, and excellent decision making.
D. Personal Attributes:
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for results through personal traits, qualities and dispositions that will drive results.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent
Time Warner Cable - 24 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...