Posting Job Title: Sr. Manager, Income Tax
Requisition #: 147486BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Finance/Accounting
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Senior Manager - Income Tax role is a critical member of the Company's income tax team reporting to the Senior Director - Income Tax. This position will be responsible for all matters related to the Company's Federal and State income tax compliance process including the coordination of the compliance process and timeline internally with the Company's income tax team and externally with the Company's compliance outsource provider; review and coordination of information and calculations to the Company's compliance outsource provider, tax return review and coordination of review with other team members, estimated tax payment computations and the tax return to provision reconciliation. A significant part of this role will be to work with and support the Company's Federal and State income tax team on various items including depreciation & amortization, audits, M&A, policy and planning as well as the impact of these items on the Company's accounting for income taxes. The role will require working closely with other areas across TWC, including accounting, finance, treasury, legal, M&A, policy, HR, benefits, and operations (divisional and regional) as well as with external accounting firms, tax counsel and advisors. This position will work closely with the rest of the income tax management team on a variety of projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Define the 5 to 7 key responsibilities that support the overall objective of this job.
- Coordinate the preparation and review process related to the Company Federal corporate and partnership income tax returns, estimated
tax payments and tax extensions. This will include review of calculations, workpapers, workpaper documentation, tax returns and other related matters.
- Coordinate and review the Company's Federal and State estimated tax and extension payment calculations including the impact of these calculations on
the Company's cash tax projections and the income tax provision.
- Assistance with various special projects, tax planning, tax policy and income tax audit related calculations and documentation.
- Support of the Company's income tax provision process including the impact of the above items on the provision for income taxes and the return
to provision reconciliation process.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ YEARS OF MINIMUM RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Large public company experience helpful.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Self-motivated, creative and analytical.
- Ability to manage operations and projects at the same time with limited oversight. Prioritize/communicate conflicts as needed and keep interested
parties involved and updated.
- Extensive experience developing, motivating and managing people.
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented, non-hierarchical environment.
- Ability to comfortably interact with all levels (including senior management), lead meetings and coordinate/work with individuals from disparate areas
of the Company with varying backgrounds and expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to translate complex tax issues into terms understandable by non-tax practitioners.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/ AND OR CERTIFICATIONS: (Must match the Job Evaluation Documentation Template information exactly)
- CPA Required
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required. Master's Degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of federal and state income tax experience in domestic corporate and partnership taxation, including accounting for income taxes
(public companies helpful), income tax compliance, planning and audits.
- Big four or large regional accounting firm experience.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent Exec
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 5 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...