DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry leading customer service to more than 30 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 19.4 million customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, Emmy- award winning technology and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for eleven years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to more than 10.6 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 60 percent interest in Game Show Network. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit
DIRECTV is seeking a market research professional responsible for the design, implementation, analysis and communication of results from primary research studies.
To make an impact as a Sr. Manager, Market research you will:
- Identify, recommend and implement quantitative and qualitative research methods to support internal clients' business objectives.
- Provide structure and guidance for all aspects of research design. Communicates findings and drives the implementation of results.
- Manage research suppliers to ensure quality, timeliness and value-add of work.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly across DIRECTV departments.
- Make recommendations for improvements to methods for both improved quality and efficiency.
- 7+ years experience designing, conducting, managing and presenting quantitative and qualitative research.
- Strong knowledge of research design and statistics. Knowledge of statistical modeling and statistical software (i.e., SPSS, Stata, SAS ).
- Strong analytical skills. Attentive to detail
- Structured and logical thinker with the ability to identify, define and recommend solutions to business problems.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Handles pressure well, adapts easily to change, accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel, self motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to travel as needed for projects.
- Advanced degree in the social sciences or business preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years functional work experience.
About Us? We’re About You.
You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual revenue or...