SABIC Innovative Plastics is a multi-billion dollar business unit with more than 9,000 employees and operations in over 35 countries. It continues to lead the plastics industry through close collaboration with customers, substantial investment in new polymer technologies, application development on a global scale, innovative process technologies, and environmentally responsible solutions in almost every area of modern life, from automotive, aviation and electronics to construction, alternative energy, and health care. The extensive product portfolio includes thermoplastic resins, specialty compounds, film and sheet products, and coatings.
SABIC Innovative Plastics has a tremendous opportunity in Huntersville, NC as Logistics Leader for North America. This key roles is a key member of the America’s Supply Chain Leadership Team and is accountable for Logistics Operations, TCO/Service initiatives and the Sourcing and Contracting Strategy and Implementation.Provides strategic leadership and oversight for 3rd Party Logistics providers (3PL’s). Services include load planning, freight payment, and shipment rating. Develops and leads sourcing activity with 3PL for Ocean, rail, barge, Truckload, Less than Truckload and Small Package transportation modes, balancing short and long term price, volume, and inflation factors. Executes on and responsible for complex TCO projects to help deliver overall transportation variable cost productivity targets.
You’ll flourish in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, with proven ability to lead a team. In addition, the candidate must be able to operate in a highly-matrixed environment, communicate with all levels of the organization, influence and gain commitment, and continuously develop the talent around them.
SABIC Innovative Plastics employees experience a unique working environment and the stability of an established industry leader combined with interesting opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in offering a competitive salary and benefits package, reward & recognition, and personal / professional development that provide promotional opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Evaluates and creates an effective balance on service levels and cost to serve in logistics – ensuring margin and desired service levels are maintained
• Creates visibility & accountability on all projects; facilitate the development of line-of-sight metrics to link logistics activities to SABIC Innovative Plastic's strategic initiative around cost reductions
• Utilizes specific knowledge of the logistics market, trends and capabilities to identifies areas for cost reductions and saving opportunities
• Participates in negotiations to secure contract awards
• Creates plans and ensures EHS procedures and protocol are followed by 3rd party logistics individuals through evaluation of monthly KPI measurements
Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing (DTW) and Tolling:
• Leads 3PL Management of 23 warehouse operations in the US and Mexico region
• Owns key warehouse and carrier service level KPI’s – driving on time delivery to customer promise date
• Manage all aspects of relationship with logistics services providers
• Accountable for Inventory Accuracy, including the responsibility for the execution of Audits and physical inventory counts
• Responsible for the physical management of all material in the US and Mexico warehouses
• Responsible for the service and EHS performance, for transport and warehousing activities
• Accountable for Delivery reliability
• Drives yearly variable cost productivity on logistics cost including strategic development of project/program deck and tactical execution of projects ensuring cost savings are realized within the P&L
• Service: improve and provide logistics solutions to support customer satisfaction
• Accountable for delivering the Total Cost Out (TCO) target of 4-6% on the budget per year.
• EHS: leading improvement programs in transportation and warehousing
• Accountable for the development and implementation of the AMR sourcing strategy for all transportation modes and warehousing (optimize customer service and reduce supply chain costs)
• Facilitate the ownership of the Global ocean Lead negotiations
• Responsible for logistics sourcing and contracting
Supply Chain/ DTW Finance:
• Role has direct budgetary ownership (Annual Operating Plan) for $160 million in Transportation and Warehousing, including development of plan
• Compile SCM budget and manage DTW spend including monthly reporting
• Ensure compliance of all DTW activities
Department and People Management
• Ensure injury and incident free operations
• Responsible for people management and development of the team, e.g. performance management (appraisals), engagement, support job rotation, competence development, coaching
• Develops and creates impactful rotation assignments for leadership program members (ODPs)
• 10 + years progressive experience in transportation, logistics or supply chain management.
• Experience as a supervisor or manager
• High process orientation and analytical approach to problem solving
• Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
• Strong Leadership skills
• Strong financial acumen – comfort level developing budgets and identifying variance drivers with ability to course correct
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to execute
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams to results
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
•Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
•Prior experience managing 3rd party logistics providers
•Previous experience developing and implementing long term, break through logistics strategy
•Transportation management experience with emphasis on Truckload and Less than Truckload Market
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 9 months ago